Are Audiobahns Watts true....?

SeLf PrOcLaImEd
10+ year member

I have a problem believing Audiobahns watts, because the Pro Compression Piston subs say they are 1200 watts rms and the Kicker L7's are 750 Rms so of course i would go with the sub that has more watts, the Audiobahn. What do you think?I aready have a 700 watt rms sub and i want to get more than 50 watts if i change my subs. Whats your view?Thx

assuming you mean the 12L7, it can handle over 750 watts. i dont know about audiobahn subs. watts arent everything. power handling isnt everything. dont buy the first sub with the most power handling

I have a problem believing Audiobahns watts, because the Pro Compression Piston subs say they are 1200 watts rms and the Kicker L7's are 750 Rms so of course i would go with the sub that has more watts, the Audiobahn. What do you think?I aready have a 700 watt rms sub and i want to get more than 50 watts if i change my subs. Whats your view?Thx
"of course i would go with the sub that has more watts, the Audiobahn"...

A sub doesn't HAVE more watts, it HANDLES more watts //content.invisioncic.com/y282845/emoticons/wink.gif.608e3ea05f1a9f98611af0861652f8fb.gif

And power handling is not a tell all, end all approach to finding a good loud sub.

"I already have a 700 watt rms sub and i want to get more than 50 watts if i change my subs."

Just bcuz a subwoofer can hold more power, it doesn't mean that it's automatically gonna be louder. Nor does it mean it's any better. It may not be louder at all.

Let's say Sony makes a sub that holds 700 watts rms, and that's the sub you own. It has an 18mm each way xmax. An Eclipse Titanium 15" has a 750 watt rms power handling, with a 3.5" peak to peak, and I GUARANTEE you it will smash the Sony. But wait, it's only 50 watts more? There are many other things to consider. Xmax, cone area, what size enclosure the power handling is rated at, etc.

There are quite a few subs that have a power handling only 50 watts rms higher than your 700 watt sub, like the Eclipse. And many of them could make a significant increase in SPL over your current sub, and sound better. And at the same time, some of them could outperform a 1000 watt rms sub, if fed the proper power, and setup correctly. Power handling definately isn't EVERYTHING //content.invisioncic.com/y282845/emoticons/wink.gif.608e3ea05f1a9f98611af0861652f8fb.gif

Btw, I have 2 Crystal CMPx2 15's, they hold 1600wrms.

I also have an ED 15AE, which holds 1000wrms....

And to me, the 15AE is every bit as loud as one of my Crystal subs. And the power handling is 600wrms less.

I personally don't like subs that you have to feed a million watts for them to put out their potential. That's bigger amplifiers your gonna need, and quite possibly some electrical system upgrades.

And if your L7 is setup properly, it could kill the Audiobahn in SPL. And if it holds 750wrms like you said, then it doesn't need as many watts as the Audiobahn might need to kick some ass,lol.

I hope I've helped.

Good luck with your pick //content.invisioncic.com/y282845/emoticons/biggrin.gif.d71a5d36fcbab170f2364c9f2e3946cb.gif

Well said //content.invisioncic.com/y282845/emoticons/smile.gif.1ebc41e1811405b213edfc4622c41e27.gif I'd take the Kicker over the bahn in a second. Not a fan of audiobahn though. I used some MA Audio subs and didn't like them at all. I've been told that the MA's and the Audiobahns are quite similar.

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.