Best sounding 600w rms sub for 220.00 or less?

tys

I have recently had a rockford p3 and an alpine type s and not thrilled with either. I am looking for a good sounding sub and the reason that I chose 220.00 as the cut off is that is what the idq12 costs. I was also told to look at the dayton HO12. if anyone has any feedback or other recommendations I would love to hear.

Thank you

sorry. forgot to include. I need a smaller enclosure due to going into a smaller suv.thanks
space makes bass. You arent gonna get any results unless you do a proper enclosure. Which is why the type R and P3 didnt satisfy you, more than likely your box design was cr@p if space is what you care about. Box is what gets you sounding good and loud not the sub brand or model. A 6.5 inch sub in a proper ported will sound louder and better than whatever 12 you have in a crammed pre-made box.

I understand that so I guess I am trying to find the best I can. they were both in the recommended sealed enclosures. I have a vented type r that is great in a ski boat but am looking for a sealed sub. not the loudest but better sq.

thanks

I understand that so I guess I am trying to find the best I can. they were both in the recommended sealed enclosures. I have a vented type r that is great in a ski boat but am looking for a sealed sub. not the loudest but better sq.
thanks
For a 600rms sub and sealed and looking towards SQ..Id take a look at the Dayton HO..5 yr warranty

i have been looking closely at that driver and have some questions... the recommend .33 ft3 which I cannot imagine would play much of anything in the Sub" frequencies. Bigger box? maybe a 1 ft3?

i have been looking closely at that driver and have some questions... the recommend .33 ft3 which I cannot imagine would play much of anything in the Sub" frequencies. Bigger box? maybe a 1 ft3?
thats the minimum airspace, not the optimum. buuut they can work in much smaller boxes than other woofers. I heard one in .5 cubes and it was completely fine playing down to 25hz. Starts dying off at 35hz though but reaches 25hz.

i'd throw out fi alpha about $169 shipped says 600rms but has 3" coil, made in us but idk sealed box specs (not on site) i got ported specs put them in box program and the email somehow..

so do you think a 1ft3 would be a better choice enclosure? thank you for the help
It will go pretty deep with that size enclosure. These are mixed use drivers, meaning they work in a home environment so they go DEEP in the frequency response.

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.