What amp for .375 currently have an hd15k

Participant count
  • Participant list

Spldecendant
10+ year member

CarAudio.com Elite
Ny
I have a hd15k on my current setup the highest I can wire to on my new setup is .375 which for the Brazilian amp obviously won't work, so I need something in the power range of this amp or more. I was unsure how well the taramp bass 15k would do at .375 I know I can wire them under 1 ohm but wasn't sure about that low for Korean amps I was thinking b2 or Alphard 12k how would they do. Electrical is perfect they should have minimal voltage drop

I've owned

Crossfire 8k at .33ohm

Ampere tfhe 9.0 at .33ohm

Vital power 700.1 at .33ohm

And honestly the vital power 700.1 runs the coolest and is just as loud, cost the least, it surprised the fvck out of me

What woofers do you have and what coils ? If money was no option I would get a sundown NS2 hands down. They clamp like 18k out of them wired down

for the price of the alphard, you can just do two vital powers that would be my suggestion. Are you able to do two amps?

yeah man after taramp's warranty changes to only one free repair, I'm not that ready to recommend them to guys going below half ohm daily. Half ohm and 1 ohm will be fine for the bass series and sound digital power series.

I've owned Crossfire 8k at .33ohm

Ampere tfhe 9.0 at .33ohm

Vital power 700.1 at .33ohm

And honestly the vital power 700.1 runs the coolest and is just as loud, cost the least, it surprised the fvck out of me

What woofers do you have and what coils ? If money was no option I would get a sundown NS2 hands down. They clamp like 18k out of them wired down
I currently have 4 zv3 18's in a regular ported enclosure in a tahoe. This is going to be 5 zv3 d1 18's in a 4th and he athe ns2 would be the perfect fit

for the price of the alphard, you can just do two vital powers that would be my suggestion. Are you able to do two amps?

yeah man after taramp's warranty changes to only one free repair, I'm not that ready to recommend them to guys going below half ohm daily. Half ohm and 1 ohm will be fine for the bass series and sound digital power series.
no I can't do 2 amps they would have to be strapped at .375 and I would recone all my woofers but the cones and coils are in perfect condition

no I can't do 2 amps they would have to be strapped at .375 and I would recone all my woofers but the cones and coils are in perfect condition
Two amps would be .66ohm each amp. More heat sink and power supply with two amps. Just a thought. I got 4 d2 18s in my tahoe too

You should be able to re wire to like 1.2ohm with that HD 15k... though

Two amps would be .66ohm each amp. More heat sink and power supply with two amps. Just a thought. I got 4 d2 18s in my tahoe tooYou should be able to re wire to like 1.2ohm with that HD 15k... though
mine are d1's and I'm gonna have 5

i have a hd15k on my current setup the highest i can wire to on my new setup is .375 which for the brazilian amp obviously won't work, so i need something in the power range of this amp or more. I was unsure how well the taramp bass 15k would do at .375 i know i can wire them under 1 ohm but wasn't sure about that low for korean amps i was thinking b2 or alphard 12k how would they do. Electrical is perfect they should have minimal voltage drop
b2

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.