Recommended wire gauge

ezr0934

Hey guys, I would like to know what size gauge wire you would run with my current setup.

Currently I have a Rockford Fosgate R400-4D 4-channel amplifier (527 RMS on birth sheet) powering my 4 Alpine Type-S SPS-610C component speakers with a 5 gauge wire (from walmart $35 version). I have ordered a set of Alpine Type-S SWS-10D4 10" subwoofers and plan on running them at 1 ohm with a Rockford Fosgate Prime Series R1200-1D, so I assume it's going to actually be a higher rating just like the other RF amp I have.

Would I be alright to just get a distribution block and split the 5 gauge between the two amps? or should I run a lower gauge wire for the new amp? This is not my first system so I have a decent understanding of how things work however, I just have never built a system with this much power, so I would like to do it the safest and easiest way possible.

Also it's going in a 2007 audi a4 with a Pioneer headunit.

i'd recommend a quality 4 gauge dedicated kit for that rockford amp. Not those cheap kits where its smaller than normal... a legit 4 gauge sized kit would be as thick as your trigger finger or pinky if you have fat fingers.

Hey guys, I would like to know what size gauge wire you would run with my current setup.
Currently I have a Rockford Fosgate R400-4D 4-channel amplifier (527 RMS on birth sheet) powering my 4 Alpine Type-S SPS-610C component speakers with a 5 gauge wire (from walmart $35 version). I have ordered a set of Alpine Type-S SWS-10D4 10" subwoofers and plan on running them at 1 ohm with a Rockford Fosgate Prime Series R1200-1D, so I assume it's going to actually be a higher rating just like the other RF amp I have.

Would I be alright to just get a distribution block and split the 5 gauge between the two amps? or should I run a lower gauge wire for the new amp? This is not my first system so I have a decent understanding of how things work however, I just have never built a system with this much power, so I would like to do it the safest and easiest way possible.

Also it's going in a 2007 audi a4 with a Pioneer headunit.
don't take any advice from booming. prety mcuh listen to only about 5 people here.

jeff knows whats good..

Thanks for the fast response!! Will do. And do you recommend any specific brands that are legit with their specs?
yeah knukonceptz has good wire., i may get some new stuff next month my wire is 2 yrs younger than some peeps on here lol..

I would recommend using Streetwires OFC from Parts-Express. Best prices for true OFC power/ground wires. Streetwires have been around longer than most forum members been alive. LOL
Fawk Streetwires....when there's so much cheaper/better wiring out there.

---------- Post added at 03:41 AM ---------- Previous post was at 03:41 AM ----------

yeah knukonceptz has good wire., i may get some new stuff next month my wire is 2 yrs younger than some peeps on here lol..
Just like you keep saying your getting a new sub, right?

Fawk Streetwires....when there's so much cheaper/better wiring out there. 

---------- Post added at 03:41 AM ---------- Previous post was at 03:41 AM ----------

Just like you keep saying your getting a new sub, right?
woulda had one 6 months ago if u and couple other didn't talk me out of the sq 12 in custom birch box from north east bass factory for $165 shipped (guy got sick they closed now) every since then every time i ask about sub everyone gets on me about my prefab box because ya'll talked me out of getting that deal.. then over a month ago i asked about ct strato 3 peeps were like meh only 1 said it was good was jeff but said my box won't big enough., i woulda got that sub that day 2016 model only 1 left $149 d2 (sold next day) now $219, and i woulda had to upgrade wires and run at 1 ohm like everyone wants me to but peeps talked me out of it.. so it's not my fault i don't have a sub., i'm taking ya'll advise and then getting bi^ched at for my sub and box.. so i'm getting a box made i can't control when he starts on the box, when he's ready to start i'll pick one cause box designs are different of just get the bigger one and look for sub in the FU 750 size used at least i'll have the box.. if i buy sub and can't get box built that won't help me..

woulda had one 6 months ago if u and couple other didn't talk me out of the sq 12 in custom birch box from north east bass factory for $165 shipped (guy got sick they closed now) every since then every time i ask about sub everyone gets on me about my prefab box because ya'll talked me out of getting that deal.. then over a month ago i asked about ct strato 3 peeps were like meh only 1 said it was good was jeff but said my box won't big enough., i woulda got that sub that day 2016 model only 1 left $149 d2 (sold next day) now $219, and i woulda had to upgrade wires and run at 1 ohm like everyone wants me to but peeps talked me out of it.. so it's not my fault i don't have a sub., i'm taking ya'll advise and then getting bi^ched at for my sub and box.. so i'm getting a box made i can't control when he starts on the box, when he's ready to start i'll pick one cause box designs are different of just get the bigger one and look for sub in the FU 750 size used at least i'll have the box.. if i buy sub and can't get box built that won't help me..
Just get the effin fu750 already and be done with it! I know your a cheapo but **** the headache you have and give me over saving $20 bucks is obnoxious!!!

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.