Adding Capacitor to my amps

A capacitor is usually a useless addition to a system. They provide a very small amount of current and usually draw more power than they supply. Id recommended skipping the capacitor.

so why so many people install one? I install taught I could help alot.
because they have no idea what they are doing or have extremely outdated information from the 90s where amps barely made 100-300 watts. A cap doesnt store enough power nor make any power. If you want an actual difference add a battery, do the big 3 upgrade or add a high output alt.

I swear to baby jesus. i've explained how capactors work over a DOZEN times.

Yes they do work.

if you don't know wtf you are talking about leave the subject alone.

OP caps work great as aids to much faster supply current to a device esp devices taht are dynamic in current draw nature. it will stabilize current flow and prevent voltage sag. they key to them working properly is you A need the proper power supply to support the load or 5 need enough capacitance to handle the load and the power supply to keep them at operational voltage( keep them charged)

Why don't you go ahead and tell me since you think I'm an idiot.
if you understood inrush current and voltage sag you would know but you are too stupid to actually research it and test it.

I've given you guidelines and links that engineers and certified electricians have to know to strengthen your understanding on the subject but you refuse to even read and understand.

you aren't allowed to give any advice on electrical here.

if you understood inrush current and voltage sag you would know but you are too stupid to actually research it and test it.
I've given you guidelines and links that engineers and certified electricians have to know to strengthen your understanding on the subject but you refuse to even read and understand.

you aren't allowed to give any advice on electrical here.
lol not allowed. your def not the boss of me...i'll do whatever i want

Good Day,I am planning to add a capacitor. Just got two questions

1. Do I have to use a resister to slow charge it

2. What kind of difference can I expect my adding a capacitor?

Thank you
i do believe agm batt is better.. get 1 under hood 1st and later if u still want to add more power put a 2nd one in back.. u can just order 1 on advance.com with 20-25% off and go let them install it.. then get 2nd 1 later for rear u will have to do that.. before u ask they're better than optima's...

In the 90's we used caps to prevent the lights from dimming on Bass notes while driving at night. And yes you could tell a difference with a cap installed with the headlights, but not musically you were not louder. I swear I saw an article that tested an amp with a cap installed and uninstalled and if I remember correctly the amp did perform better dynamically, but worse on the dyno at 1%thd and at clipping.

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.