Which would you pick, and why?

Sguirrelfeather

Senior VIP Member
Helping a buddy out. Need a monoblock capable of down to 1 ohm with about 3k dynamic.....so about 2k RMS I'm guessing. Hard to say for sure without an actual dyno, I know, but it's just a guess. So far, looking at the following amps. Some are his choice, some are mine. Thoughts?

B stock Sundown SAE2000D for $430

Alphard Machete M2000D for $269

Alphard Deaf Bonce DB2000 for $469

Alphard Deaf Bonce OGO2500D for $499

Twisted Sounds TS1.8 for $399

Soundqubed Q1-2200D for $429

FSD FZ-1600D for $299

I know the FSD will do well above rated, Sundown is good, TS and SQ are good, but not as good as sundown. Don't know much about the Alphard, and can guess the Machete is their bargain line, but not sure.

He's wanting to stay in the $400 range, give or take a little bit. Anything really worthwhile that we've missed?

Helping a buddy out. Need a monoblock capable of down to 1 ohm with about 3k dynamic.....so about 2k RMS I'm guessing. Hard to say for sure without an actual dyno, I know, but it's just a guess. So far, looking at the following amps. Some are his choice, some are mine. Thoughts?

FSD FZ-1600D for $299

I know the FSD will do well above rated, Sundown is good, TS and SQ are good, but not as good as sundown. Don't know much about the Alphard, and can guess the Machete is their bargain line, but not sure.

He's wanting to stay in the $400 range, give or take a little bit. Anything really worthwhile that we've missed?
TS makes the most power out of the bunch. Their 2.8k makes close to 4k watts on the dyno. The 1.8k will sh*t all over sundown which just makes rated..

FSD FZ-1600D for $299

Skar audio rp2000, about 230.

I've been wanting to say this for a while...

You misspelled squirrel. //content.invisioncic.com/y282845/emoticons/tongue.gif.6130eb82179565f6db8d26d6001dcd24.gif

got a lot of well known people claiming the quality control on those amps is just as bad as the vfl 4480.1 either you get an amp that somewhat does power or you get a sh*t stain that doesnt get loud no matter what you do with it.
That I did not realize. OP you may want to peruse the classifieds, may find something there every now and then. I don't want to give any misleading suggestions, nothing is more frustrating than investing hard earned money, and then not getting what one has paid for. That being said, I stand corrected, thanks chef.

That I did not realize. OP you may want to peruse the classifieds, may find something there every now and then. I don't want to give any misleading suggestions, nothing is more frustrating than investing hard earned money, and then not getting what one has paid for. That being said, I stand corrected, thanks chef.
Definitely keeping an eye out.

yeah i honestly thought they would do okay too because of the dyno vid but there was a whole 300 comment bash thread on one of the audio groups on

FB a few 158 db guys spoke up against it as well lol.

FSD FZ-1600D for $299

Mostly what you're paying for with the Sundown is the reputation that you won't get a dud and if you do you'll be quickly taken care of. SAE line is made to make power at real-world voltage so if your electrical isn't strong it may well do as well or better as an amp that makes a bit more on the dyno with a dozen batteries behind it holding 14V.

Check out the amp lab's website, they refurb a lot of Sundown and Twisted amps and often have good deals. A lot of guys in the northeast get amps from them and I haven't heard a bad report yet.

TS makes the most power out of the bunch. Their 2.8k makes close to 4k watts on the dyno. The 1.8k will sh*t all over sundown which just makes rated..
Ouch...Sundown taking a beating.

I too would get the TS or the ever so popular Soundqubed 2200.1

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.