Sub or Amp Problem?

Participant count
  • Participant list

johndavis46

Hey everyone. I have a new problem with my system. I changed amps 5 weeks ago, and it has been sounding really good since. Then all of the sudden, the speakers on my left side went out (not too worried about that, because it has happened before) but my subs started acting funny. The subs will be normal for 10-15 seconds, then they beat super fast like a machine gun, then go back to normal, and then repeat. Any ideas what is causing them to do this? I know basic electrical skills, but get confused on the amps, ohms, etc.

I have 2 Kicker 10" Comp Subs that are wired to a 600W Kenwood kac-729s amp. I'm pretty sure the subs are 4Ohm.

check all wires even ground (no paint under it) pull subs check them but 1st if u have box with 2 terminals unhook 1 sub see if it still does it, then try other sub etc.. really dumb Q but amp is wired to battery not straight to alt right?

Okay, I thought everything was good and tight, but I will double check. I had a loose ground a few weeks ago and it made a slower heartbeat thumping, and this time it is faster.. but I will check again.

And yes it is connected to my battery. Not alternator

Now the amp isn't working.. I have power between my ground and power cable, so those cables are good. I don't have a multimeter right now, so I'm not sure how much power is getting there, maybe not enough..? But there is no power in my wires that run to the subs. I don't know much about amps so I have no idea what is going on..

The light on the amp won't even illuminate now.

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.