Just wonderinghow i should be wired

n9OgjQO.jpg

Right now im wired like this

pQveFNd.jpg

IBctr

FFZJK5k.jpg

iFg6x3o.jpg

ziWYl4L.jpg

I have bus bars on batterys and have alts feeding baterys and caps connected to buss bars as well.

View attachment 26556679View attachment 26556680 i dont know if you can see anything in the pics. I dont want to dis your batts but I think you could do way better if you could get some car audio baterys because I am guessing yours are only about 50-55 ah where batts like xs or juicebox or lots of others in a group 31 are 110 ah so double the capacity in only a little bigger size and I think you have room. But try it with the caps first and see ?

Also I think I would run one alt to one batt and other alt to other batt. I dont know how your going to get all those cables on two posts lol. Did you get the other alt mounted up yet ?

Also I think I would run one alt to one batt and other alt to other batt. I dont know how your going to get all those cables on two posts lol. Did you get the other alt mounted up yet ?
Not yet. Been in reno all weekend hoping to get on it this week in this weekend

I have bus bars on batterys and have alts feeding baterys and caps connected to buss bars as well.View attachment 26556679View attachment 26556680 i dont know if you can see anything in the pics. I dont want to dis your batts but I think you could do way better if you could get some car audio baterys because I am guessing yours are only about 50-55 ah where batts like xs or juicebox or lots of others in a group 31 are 110 ah so double the capacity in only a little bigger size and I think you have room. But try it with the caps first and see ?
Question

So im wanting my build to be more of a daily ground pounder with solid electrical..not really a burpset up. I got 260 for that electrical. Is a cap bank my next move?

Whats 260 ? alt amps ? I honestly would tell you to get two audio batterys first, atleast 110 ah each then you would be pretty solid for 2.2k then the caps could be added to help the dips in voltage later but remember they discharge really quick and then need to recharge thats the reason you need alot of them to work well. I ran a 2.5k on two of those style batterys (group 78 )and a 140 stock alt and did ok but voltage was really low at time sand fried a few amps too. Its just not a big enough storage to pound hard on it for very long. I think sell your baterys and buy two juice box black cherry batterys which will double battery capacity. Then go on from there. I think you can get those batterys for around 200 bucks each. Juice box makes good batterys and alot less than XS too. IMHO everybit as good I have three for over three years pounding hard all day every day ha ha !

---------- Post added at 09:17 PM ---------- Previous post was at 09:16 PM ----------

https://juiceboxbattery.com/product/juicebox-black-cherry-group-31-agm-110ah/

Whats 260 ? alt amps ? I honestly would tell you to get two audio batterys first, atleast 110 ah each then you would be pretty solid for 2.2k then the caps could be added to help the dips in voltage later but remember they discharge really quick and then need to recharge thats the reason you need alot of them to work well. I ran a 2.5k on two of those style batterys (group 78 )and a 140 stock alt and did ok but voltage was really low at time sand fried a few amps too. Its just not a big enough storage to pound hard on it for very long. I think sell your baterys and buy two juice box black cherry batterys which will double battery capacity. Then go on from there. I think you can get those batterys for around 200 bucks each. Juice box makes good batterys and alot less than XS too. IMHO everybit as good I have three for over three years pounding hard all day every day ha ha ! 

---------- Post added at 09:17 PM ---------- Previous post was at 09:16 PM ----------

https://juiceboxbattery.com/product/juicebox-black-cherry-group-31-agm-110ah/
$260 lol. If this other alt works ill have 2 90 amp alts.. not trying to burn my amps

$260 lol. If this other alt works ill have 2 90 amp alts
Oh ok well try to sell your batts , they look new ? If you could get a hundred a piece you are there or real close huh ? I just dont think you would have enough battery or alt power to use caps and esp only one bank. Caps are great on strong electrical but there really just to fill the lag between slow battery discharge and slow recharge which give us the up and down voltage readings. Probably not what you want to hear but money you spend on a good electrical foundation will take you far in our hobby. Trust me I was in your shoes a few years ago.

I am sitting hear thinking about your set up and you will have two 90 amp alts so your car uses - lets say conservatively 60 amps that leaves you 30+ 90 =120 amps for stereo not alot but maybe a little better than I had ? So mount up your second alt and see how it acts ? Then change batterys as I am sure you will probably need them but gives you time to save a bit and sell your old ones. then if voltage is still diping low at times you could do caps //content.invisioncic.com/y282845/emoticons/smile.gif.1ebc41e1811405b213edfc4622c41e27.gif

Oh ok well try to sell your batts , they look new ? If you could get a hundred a piece you are there or real close huh ? I just dont think you would have enough battery or alt power to use caps and esp only one bank. Caps are great on strong electrical but there really just to fill the lag between slow battery discharge and slow recharge which give us the up and down voltage readings. Probably not what you want to hear but money you spend on a good electrical foundation will take you far in our hobby. Trust me I was in your shoes a few years ago.
I bought the battries new at costco like a year ago for 100 each..lol...and money wise not the best news..but if its the correct advise, i do want to hear it..better than tbe sound of my amp popping..lol im glad i didnt buy the caps yet then.. so 2 batteies then caps

I am sitting hear thinking about your set up and you will have two 90 amp alts so your car uses - lets say conservatively 60 amps that leaves you 30+ 90 =120 amps for stereo not alot but maybe a little better than I had ? So mount up your second alt and see how it acts ? Then change batterys as I am sure you will probably need them but gives you time to save a bit and sell your old ones. then if voltage is still diping low at times you could do caps //content.invisioncic.com/y282845/emoticons/smile.gif.1ebc41e1811405b213edfc4622c41e27.gif
The amp draw on a old beetle is very low. My year came stock with a generator (not alt) and a 6volt system (not 12v) ill get group 31 batts either way if it will double my storage

Even the later modles only had 35 amp alts.. on 12v..

I bought the battries new at costco like a year ago for 100 each..lol...and money wise not the best news..but if its the correct advise, i do want to hear it..better than tbe sound of my amp popping..lol im glad i didnt buy the caps yet then.. so 2 batteies then caps
Ya I think its your best bet. The problem is your chosen vehicle and ways to fit a big alt on it so you can have a smaller alts(s) but then you gotta have alot of storage and you dont even have much room for more batteries either. You got to get as much storage as you can in that little space and juicebox has bigger batts too but dont know if you can fit them in there, look at watermellon on there site. really lithium is the answer to your problem - small lite and dont need alot of amps charging but very expensive. I am going to them. Too bad I cant afford it know I would sell you my batts.

The amp draw on a old beetle is very low. My year came stock with a generator (not alt) and a 6volt system (not 12v) ill get group 31 batts either way if it will double my storageEven the later modles only had 35 amp alts.. on 12v..
Thats what I would do ! and ya I forget from my old vw days 35 amps ? so thats even better 150 amps my not even need caps //content.invisioncic.com/y282845/emoticons/smile.gif.1ebc41e1811405b213edfc4622c41e27.gif and you look like your already making really good connections but when fighting low voltage treat every connection like it has to be perfect so no voltage is wasted on bad connections ! looks like in your pics you already know that.

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.