Jeffdachef

Took a Trip to DIYMA and LOL!!!

A lot of those guys over there have no idea how to do proper sub setups hahaha. They lack basic spl knowledge along with other bullsh*t thinking the sub will bottom out playing normal non rebassed music and underpowering their sub and have no clue what box rise is either. They have no idea what optimal loading/port sub orientation is either. Its a fking mess over there when it comes to subwoofers hahahaha. I'll rectify that.

09 Sienna Subs : Four Team Ascendant 18s......Sub amp: Two Taramps 15k

Headunit: Pioneer 80PRS......Mids/Highs two pioneer gm 8604 bridged, one at 4 ohms bridged one at 2 ohms bridged, one ppi 600.2 for tweets.

Front stage: Two PWX 10s per door midbass only....... PRV 6MR500 midrange....... Massive CT 2 german tweeters.

320 amp Singer alt....... 1 group 34 under the hood 6 group31 agms in the back 560 amp hours total.

wtf? I thought that place was full of smart people? They all leave or what?!

97 4 dr. Tahoe

Interstate battery

Alpine 9835

Polk Audio MM6501 comps

Wolfram amps coming soon, 3000.1, 125.4

2 Sundown Audio X 15's Tuned @ 30Hz.

Knukonceptz/Royal Excelene wiring

wtf? I thought that place was full of smart people? They all leave or what?!

sq, mids highs treble, processors, tuning etc... they are fine. Just when it came to subwoofers lol..... They believe winisd is the bible too without question.

Headunit: Pioneer 80PRS......Mids/Highs two pioneer gm 8604 bridged, one at 4 ohms bridged one at 2 ohms bridged, one ppi 600.2 for tweets.

Front stage: Two PWX 10s per door midbass only....... PRV 6MR500 midrange....... Massive CT 2 german tweeters.

320 amp Singer alt....... 1 group 34 under the hood 6 group31 agms in the back 560 amp hours total.

sq, mids highs treble, processors, tuning etc... they are fine. Just when it came to subwoofers lol..... They believe winisd is the bible too without question.

That's when you need to step in and show them the truth...

97 4 dr. Tahoe

Interstate battery

Alpine 9835

Polk Audio MM6501 comps

DIYMA is still a tad better than here. DIYMA at least has a couple more knowledgeable members to offset all the noobs throwing out misinformation or just plain garbage. I would say there is less than 5 people on here I would take advice from while diyma has closer to 10. *shrug* both forums are pretty crappy.

2016 Scion iM *In Progress*

H/U - Stock

Sub - TC Sounds TC9 @ ~28 Hz

Amp - Helix B2

Between all car audio forums, I can only imagine what the FB groups are like with an over abundance of people on there.....throwing around misinformation, good advice, etc.

97 4 dr. Tahoe

Interstate battery

Alpine 9835

Polk Audio MM6501 comps

I honestly just come on the forums to get a good laugh. Ever since caco went down hill over the past couple years there's really not awhole lot of good new info... just people that think they know what they are doing but don't.

I can play down to 14hz full tilt and as it may not be over 150db it still produces sound and gives you a feeling like no other. I hardly ever find anyone wo can play 14hz all the way up into the 60hz+ like my system. My one friend can and tats about it.

That djrusticals death remix 14hz song is just amazing to hear when u can hit all the notes lol

But Papermaker is a diyma member...

Refs = PapaGeno21, Goindef154, 92c1v1c, Disarmer, chemmins, 97maxima, kroid777, ithertz, basscort2009, hunterw, mar08052, appleyard, millimac247, jonny101abc, sundownz, cranberryyumyum, mig139, daboyfrumdabx, skateguy92, basebalz13.

I find the folks at DIYMA tend to be more SQ oriented and the folks here tend to be more into ground-shakers.

I frequent both forums as I am trying to learn more about SQ (which is my main goal in a system) but I do love me some bass.

There are exceptions in both forums of course and I find there are just as many 'I know more than you's here as there are there.

But...this forum gave us the pleasure of John Kuthe...and for that I'll be forever grateful.

Build Logz, check em out:

http://www.caraudio.com/forums/car-audio-build-logs-cars-trucks-suvs/634311-nstalns-build-logz.html#post8918473

Factory HU - Alpine PXA-H800/RUX - 2 x JL Audio HD900/5's - Audiofrog GB10's - Audiofrog GB25's - Audiofrog GS 690's - Audiofrog GB2510 Crossovers - 2 x Audiomobile MASS 2012's

But Papermaker is a diyma member...

Does he act the same there as he does here? Spouts his mouth off, talking **** rather than help people?

97 4 dr. Tahoe

Interstate battery

Alpine 9835

Polk Audio MM6501 comps

Does he act the same there as he does here? Spouts his mouth off, talking **** rather than help people?

Yes

2014 Ford Fusion SE 2.0T

JBL MS-8

Zapco ST-4X SQ, ST-1000XMii

IDQ12v4 1.8cu sealed

Alpine SPX Pro ring radiators

Hertz HV165XL

Knuconceptz OFC, Custom fit Soundrive RCAs.

No fucking doubt.

Refs = PapaGeno21, Goindef154, 92c1v1c, Disarmer, chemmins, 97maxima, kroid777, ithertz, basscort2009, hunterw, mar08052, appleyard, millimac247, jonny101abc, sundownz, cranberryyumyum, mig139, daboyfrumdabx, skateguy92, basebalz13.

Yeah that's quite the experience isn't it. I too play deep into the teens. It's a trip! :)

Car: '91 Chevy sprint turbo

Head unit: pioneer 80prs

Speakers fr: hertz high energy 6.5 and tweets

Sub: 2011 re xxx18 overhung in 36cuft ib wall

Fr amp: Phoenix gold xenon 200.4

Sub amp: 2001 Orion 2400 xtr pro

Alts: 2x 140 amp

Batteries: 2x 92ah enersys powersafe agm

8 runs of 4 gauge power and ground

Yes

No fucking doubt.

Dumb question I guess huh...lol. Everybody else is a moron except him.

97 4 dr. Tahoe

Interstate battery

Alpine 9835

Polk Audio MM6501 comps

Dumax testing goes down there.

Nuff said.

i told wife guy on here pm'ed me wanting to buy my amp she said tell him it not fs (cause she knows i'll spend more $ on new one) and told her i wanted d2 sub for bday next week she said tell ya'll i'm to old to go down to 1ohm lol..

Its like anywhere else,Its all about experiencing and actually experiencing for yourself from trial and error.Not everyone knows everything, and alot is always argued as well as not agreed upon.Ive found that alot generally read on certain forums and gain opinions rather than experiencing for themselves and give that information out.He said / She said/I read kinda stuff.Ive been installing since the early 80s when you had to use low level inputs by wiring direct on amps which was a time consuming effort and you had to make sure where that wire went and what polarity( of which is not done today, if so its quite Rare)and can still be done if the connectors are provided, but most days its RCAs and go on with it.Things have evolved and still do and learning by experiencing is about all the information I give out. Wheather its amps, subs, speakers, or HUs ive used brand wise personally or what I have had the pleasure to experience.majority of the DIYMA group I had the pleasure to meet in Plano were some pretty intelect and very informative people,and as anyone..You choose to gather what information you want.Just my 0.02$ Ill deff say that I dont know everything for my age and experiencing, buy I am still willing to learn..especially from those that are experiencing,and all the new technology going on..Blutooth ect

2)American Bass VFL Mini Hybrid 4480.1D@1ohm Ea 4)American Bass XFL DVC 4ohm 12s@2.06cu Ft Ea.@32htz CDT 6,5 HD6 Briax.,CDT CL60,CDT 25 tweets,Kicker KS25 tweets Autotek Mean Machine 99@2ohms,Autotek BTX 7204@40hms AlterStarts Alt 255A/Dallas,Tx,2)Orileys Super Start AGM batts(1more coming)Cadence CCA 0ga on Big 6,AudioTechnix 0ga CCA Kicker Kq9 Eq,Eclipse CD3000(lookingfor upgrade)StingerPro Distro,3)XS Scorpian 8in Scroll Fans 1998 3dr Xcab Chevy(under construction,but operational)

Most of the people there are good.

car_back.jpg

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

~~ SSA Dcon / Icon / Xcon ~~

TeamSSAudio.com ~ SSA Forums ~ SSA MySpace ~ SSA Facebook Group ~ SSA Facebook Page ~ SSA Youtube

====================================================

CarAudio-Forum.com ~ HomeAudioForum.net

CarAudio.com mod(original)

meh,.. you gotta take the crookeds with the straights. good knowledge base in the archives and recent considering excellence in clarity, but i was an active member for only a week due to not being able to stand the audio snobs and their bullshit back when ©ant collova was at the helm, which i call them out on all the time in the strictly sound quality f/b page when newbies get severely flamed instead of given constructive criticism and guidance,... totally hate that shit. dunno how it is now as i only go there for reference and specific subjects as a guest since ant banned me across all his forums when i exposed his fuckery on caco.

i think im gonna go sit on the toilet and take a big papermaker where it belongs.

D.I.L.L.I.G.A.F.?

17554459_10154606903336025_4924735509469917474_n.jpg?oh=575ad5f1a3827953cfde9ff00bea5da9&oe=595D3D80

I never ragged on them for anything actually SQ related, they are all good there, no complaints.

I do bash on their sh*tty subwoofer senses lmao.

yeah, i can agree with that,.. they tend to think a high output ported alignment is bad voodoo juju. wonder how they would take to my double hdc312a parallel 6th that has a flat transient between 20 and 80hz.

i think im gonna go sit on the toilet and take a big papermaker where it belongs.

D.I.L.L.I.G.A.F.?

17554459_10154606903336025_4924735509469917474_n.jpg?oh=575ad5f1a3827953cfde9ff00bea5da9&oe=595D3D80

Create a free account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now