Took a Trip to DIYMA and LOL!!!

Jeffdachef
5,000+ posts

Gunz That Turn on Nunz
A lot of those guys over there have no idea how to do proper sub setups hahaha. They lack basic spl knowledge along with other bullsh*t thinking the sub will bottom out playing normal non rebassed music and underpowering their sub and have no clue what box rise is either. They have no idea what optimal loading/port sub orientation is either. Its a fking mess over there when it comes to subwoofers hahahaha. I'll rectify that.

sq, mids highs treble, processors, tuning etc... they are fine. Just when it came to subwoofers lol..... They believe winisd is the bible too without question.
That's when you need to step in and show them the truth...

DIYMA is still a tad better than here. DIYMA at least has a couple more knowledgeable members to offset all the noobs throwing out misinformation or just plain garbage. I would say there is less than 5 people on here I would take advice from while diyma has closer to 10. *shrug* both forums are pretty crappy.

Between all car audio forums, I can only imagine what the FB groups are like with an over abundance of people on there.....throwing around misinformation, good advice, etc.

I honestly just come on the forums to get a good laugh. Ever since caco went down hill over the past couple years there's really not awhole lot of good new info... just people that think they know what they are doing but don't.

I can play down to 14hz full tilt and as it may not be over 150db it still produces sound and gives you a feeling like no other. I hardly ever find anyone wo can play 14hz all the way up into the 60hz+ like my system. My one friend can and tats about it.

That djrusticals death remix 14hz song is just amazing to hear when u can hit all the notes lol

I find the folks at DIYMA tend to be more SQ oriented and the folks here tend to be more into ground-shakers.

I frequent both forums as I am trying to learn more about SQ (which is my main goal in a system) but I do love me some bass.

There are exceptions in both forums of course and I find there are just as many 'I know more than you's here as there are there.

But...this forum gave us the pleasure of John Kuthe...and for that I'll be forever grateful.

Yeah that's quite the experience isn't it. I too play deep into the teens. It's a trip! //content.invisioncic.com/y282845/emoticons/smile.gif.1ebc41e1811405b213edfc4622c41e27.gif

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.