JVC KD-X340BTS RCA output voltage.

MN.Nice.507

Looking to maximize my RCA output voltage on my headunit to my SW Amp, but it seems the only way I can even come remotely close to getting the full 4v out of the unit is to completely max out my volume and SW Level control on the deck itself, which is obviously not ideal, not looking to clip the **** out of everything (dont have a DD1 or O-scope at the moment). Even with my SW Level maxed and my head unit volume set at 30 out of 35, I only push around 1.7ish volts.

Does anyone have firsthand experience with this HU and where exactly I'd start running into clipping/distortion & still push the most volts through my RCAs?

Looking to maximize my RCA output voltage on my headunit to my SW Amp, but it seems the only way I can even come remotely close to getting the full 4v out of the unit is to completely max out my volume and SW Level control on the deck itself, which is obviously not ideal, not looking to clip the **** out of everything (dont have a DD1 or O-scope at the moment). Even with my SW Level maxed and my head unit volume set at 30 out of 35, I only push around 1.7ish volts.
Does anyone have firsthand experience with this HU and where exactly I'd start running into clipping/distortion & still push the most volts through my RCAs?
a lot of the newer units are designed to go max volume to get full pre-out voltage. Dont be scared of it Its better than a high gained amp.

specs list output voltage as 4, but youll likely only get that when its cranked and on a shotter source like a .wav cd unlike usb which is what i use 99.9999999999999999% of the time. That being said, you really dont want 4 volts coming out of your deck unless its needed otherwise your amps will be be going to full output at 2/3 of its volume #

that and the way most systems with subs but no amp on the front (and rear stage if you run rears, that is) cant go anywhere near max volume because the speakers will distort on the headunits power at that volume level anyways

I have the 33 "marine" model from last year (almost identical specs) and i bought it strictly because it was the only shallow din receiver that had three sets of 4v preouts and a 13 band eq. In hindsight I wish I'd have gone with a pioneer unit with a likely stronger 2v preout rating. That said we set mine at 30 too with a .wav but i was going to try 35 soon. It's inevitable that I'm probably going to add a line driver. The tru technology six channel and the zapco are the two units that I'm looking at. Again i need a shallow din otherwise i would probably have switched it out for an alpine unit.

I have the 33 "marine" model from last year (almost identical specs) and i bought it strictly because it was the only shallow din receiver that had three sets of 4v preouts and a 13 band eq. In hindsight I wish I'd have gone with a pioneer unit with a likely stronger 2v preout rating. That said we set mine at 30 too with a .wav but i was going to try 35 soon. It's inevitable that I'm probably going to add a line driver. The tru technology six channel and the zapco are the two units that I'm looking at. Again i need a shallow din otherwise i would probably have switched it out for an alpine unit.
Set your gains properly its not an issue.

Yeah guys, higher pre-out just means lower gains, lower pre-out means higher gain on the amp. Its not rocket science, you dont need any line drivers or any bullsh*t like that. Just dont a p*ssy when setting your gains. If you know you have 2 volt pre-out then set it for 2 volt pre-out which will be 60 or 70% if the amp's pentiometer goes up to 9 volts.

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.