Little puzzled as to why my system isn't functioning properly...

Participant count
  • Participant list
So I have a stock head unit with an LC7i in my Acura. Connected to that is a mono for my 12" and Zapco two channel for my 6.5 front components. Back speakers are left alone and powered by the oem amp. In like June or July, the sub and front speakers would cut out at times. Ok, I figured the aux cord is bad. Swap it out and I'm fine until last week. Again, must be a coincidence, let's try a new one. Fine for a bit, and then the issue comes back again. If you jiggle around the aux cord where it connects you get that static noise of trying to make a connection. I figured I needed to replace the aux connector assembly until I put in a CD and it, too caused the problem. I checked all my connections and it appears fine. Circumstances seem a bit odd for it to be a bad ground and besides it aus been checked multiple times over the course of the year. If you have any suggestions on what could be to blame, let me know

Amazon, but it I have it warrantied through Amazon
Hmm....ok so you bought it new.

I'm guessing you gotta lose connection somewhere.. That said, my speakers did the same thing. Turns out it was the set screw in my 4 ch amps that literally "cut" thru the speaker wires holding it in place inside the terminal block. you might be experiencing this.

Hmm....ok so you bought it new.
I'm guessing you gotta lose connection somewhere.. That said, my speakers did the same thing. Turns out it was the set screw in my 4 ch amps that literally "cut" thru the speaker wires holding it in place inside the terminal block. you might be experiencing this.
When you say cut, do you mean that the wire is still somewhat attached, but damaged or like it is not making a connection and I would be able to grab it and the tip would come out with it? Can the issue cause the sub to go out as well even it is with my 2 ch?

When you say cut, do you mean that the wire is still somewhat attached, but damaged or like it is not making a connection and I would be able to grab it and the tip would come out with it? Can the issue cause the sub to go out as well even it is with my 2 ch?
Yes, it's still trying to make contact inside the input but can't because it's been cut by the set screw. So, there might be some loose bare wires inside the input block/area.

Yes, it's still trying to make contact inside the input but can't because it's been cut by the set screw. So, there might be some loose bare wires inside the input block/area.
My wires look all pretty tight, but two going into the 2 ch look a bit iffy. The tip of the smaller one is kind of like wrapped around the larger (my knowledge is limited lol I could tell you which aside from they're blue). Could just that in the 2ch cause my whole system to cut out like that?

do you have any connections that are crimped or connected by some means other than a tight set screw or crimp?

ive had better luck soldering connections in tight places without the proper crimping tool, especially when it comes to smaller wires in tight places

My wires look all pretty tight, but two going into the 2 ch look a bit iffy. The tip of the smaller one is kind of like wrapped around the larger (my knowledge is limited lol I could tell you which aside from they're blue). Could just that in the 2ch cause my whole system to cut out like that?
Unless all speakers are running off that 1 ch, no.

I would use a ferrule they are a cheap and easy way to ensure that your wires are connected properly and protected. Just make sure to get the matching gauge wire.

I would use a ferrule they are a cheap and easy way to ensure that your wires are connected properly and protected. Just make sure to get the matching gauge wire.
Huh?? Direct this towards OP, not me.

For ferrule, I had purchased some and tried to crimp with the mono amp before and it didn't work out for me lol. And yes, nothing is soldered. Unfortunately, I don't have the tools for that //content.invisioncic.com/y282845/emoticons/frown.gif.a3531fa0534503350665a1e957861287.gif

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.