Can anyone help me find a good grounding spot?

ekah

Senior VIP Member
hawaii
For a 2006 mazda 6 hatch?

Can I use seat belt bolt downs as my 2 grounds for both amps?
24cf9aea15c1fc487d237a4a9b999b87.jpg
8769bb4b57eb155ba351571a68f7ba31.jpg

anything over 2kw id run dedicated grounds
Cab1600 so under 2k. So this spot ain't good? I was using spare tire well but it ain't cutting It
Sent from my SM-G935T using Tapatalk

Cab1600 so under 2k. So this spot ain't good? I was using spare tire well but it ain't cutting It
the cab1600 takes a good amount of current, if your car is not ideal for running chassis ground id run dedicated grounds.

did you read my post about checking voltages? a lot of us dont like helping if you dont do some testing yourself

I'm checking different grounds just because the last spot it's not securely bolt down like you can move the wire a bit if you put enough force. When youbguys say check voltage do you mean use my dmm and put it in with the power and ground from the amp and see if it's getting 13 or more?

the cab1600 takes a good amount of current, if your car is not ideal for running chassis ground id run dedicated grounds.

did you read my post about checking voltages? a lot of us dont like helping if you dont do some testing yourself

Find where the frame touches the body where the hatch is and use a long self tapper for a ground
Sent from my N9560 using Tapatalk
Going home depot now to find some self talking bolts.

Find where the frame touches the body where the hatch is and use a long self tapper for a ground
Self tapping screws are not a good ground //content.invisioncic.com/y282845/emoticons/crap.gif.7f4dd41e3e9b23fbd170a1ee6f65cecc.gif

Self tapping screws are not a good ground //content.invisioncic.com/y282845/emoticons/crap.gif.7f4dd41e3e9b23fbd170a1ee6f65cecc.gif
For what his power it shouldn't be an issue so long as it is staright to the frame.
He will lose .01 volts from the metal on the screw.

I fixed the ground to where it's hard as **** to move and it seems to fix the problem so far. For checking the voltage do I just put my dmm on 20v then positive to positive and negative to negative from the amp while playing heavy bass music and see if it dips?

I found a new ground but it did the same thing using bluetooth spotify. I then turned to my CD and it seems to play high volumes fine. My gains are set at quarter. Should I lower it? Is there a difference when using bluetooth and cd or something?

I found a new ground but it did the same thing using bluetooth spotify. I then turned to my CD and it seems to play high volumes fine. My gains are set at quarter. Should I lower it? Is there a difference when using bluetooth and cd or something?
CD is playing max volume via set gains.
Bluetooth adds more gain when you turn it up from your phone. Redo your gain on the amp playing via bluetooth.

Unless you have a gain control on your hu

Bluetooth adds more gain when you turn it up from your phone. Redo your gain on the amp playing via bluetooth.

Only thing I have on the headunit is the speaker level for all speakers including subwoofer but the subwoofer is at 0. I didn't know about the whole gain level thing via Bluetooth and cd player but weird thing is when I play music on CD the bass is a lot more louder etc compared to bluetooth and it only shuts off with music from bluetooth unless it's coincidence or something. If anything I just looked behind my hu to see it anything was out of the loop like the ground or the rca were touching metal or anything of the sort and it's fine so I'm really leaning towards it has to be my battery but when I use my dmm on my battery it's at 13v and my amp is playing 13 unless I turn it loud then it drops to 12.

The rca and speaker wire is in the right place right?
f12a5959e1cadb69d158c5987b8c8fd7.jpg
b95d95f6fcfbe63f3b96683fcab7dad7.jpg

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.