Boomin_tahoe's s10 build

Boomin_tahoe
5,000+ posts

Hurtin' feelings errrday.
WA
Welcome ladies and gents, to my exciting build log for my s10. For those that don't already know, I have a 1998 s10 ext cab w/ the 4.3 vortec v6.....yep, she can haul *** if I wanted to!! A little about the vehicle: Bought it a few years ago. 1st pic is when I brought it home, after buying it for 1800 cash, just a hair over 200k miles.

The audio will consist of the following:

Clarion HU CZ702

Polk Audio MM6501 separates

Massive Audio NX3 3 ch amp

Single DC Audio m3 8 sub in a CSCStang designed t-line enclosure, I built the box

KnuKonceptz amp wiring kit

8rT8QVT.jpg

This pic shows the absolutely disgusting mold,mildew, and sandbags that were in the bed, day I brought it home, again. Took this before I started cleaning it up. That bottle, has simple green in it. My daughter even offered to help clean it up.

Man what a difference!!

pDTMARr.jpg

6N7EEhN.jpg

This pic shows I got the 3rd door working again. When I bought it, the handle was broken, and looked liked it hadn't worked for a long time. It was very dirty in between the door and jamb. Also....that 3rd handle was a $9 fix from the auto parts store. Yup, that's a Dual amp you see back there. I later removed it and sold it cheap.

PoZnS3Q.jpg

mjPOwwH.jpg

Bare with me people!! I got a lot of pics to upload, and share!! So I spent a lot of time cleaning it up, small things that were neglected from the previous owner...things of that sort. Light bulbs burned out, the 3rd brake light wasn't working, replaced bulbs and the cover....etc. One day I was viewing craigslist and came across this sweet looking yellow s10, exactly like mine, except it didn't have side moldings or the wheel well molding. So I thought up an idea why not make mine kinda like that. Did a little research on how to remove side molding and was quite easy. the hard part was removing the double back tape left on the vehicle, and buffing it out.

MTv7Tst.jpg

YhKhumv.jpg
How it is right now...

Since it came with a small stereo, I noticed the front right speaker in the door sounded like crap. I'd have to look into that later, as it was rainy season and wintertime. The awesome Panasonic HU was replaced with the Alpine 9833 I had laying around in my garage....

pUB08Fe.jpg

gFJ0wEN.jpg

Sounded better but I think the speakers were in bad shape in the doors, and in dash.

Right about that time, I had finally sold my 4 10's and had some $$ to spend on some new gear for the truck. Surprisingly, I had won an auction off ebay for a pair of DC Audio m3 8. I was originally gonna do a few 8's in the truck but narrowed it down to a single 8 after talking with some people on here and sold off the other one. Yup, that's my cat in the background!!

PCo6yEN.jpg

Then my Massive amp arrived....it's really small for a 3 ch amp....wattage will do 120x2 into 4 ohms and sub ch is 800 watts.

aTeY21i.jpg

GHNZreG.jpg

YO82Ta8.jpg

Was finally able to remove the door panels and replace the oldass Infiniti speakers with some Polk Audio db series coaxiles...whomever installed the speakers should be shot. I mean who puts 3 screws on top?! Should be 2 top, 2 bottom. Or 1 top, 1 bottom and 1 on each side. No wonder they sounded horrible! Surrounds seperated.

lXnCxKw.jpg

782XNbz.jpg

lfORjzv.jpg

AOpSaUH.jpg

Right about this time, I was hunting for the Clarion cz702 HU. Sonicelectronix had a refurb deal for 90 shipped. That was a steal. Missed that opp so ended up finding one unused on ebay for 120 bucks shipped...

654l4Ry.jpg

An5pLfY.jpg

FJ5N3Kb.jpg

Then my 4 ch amp kit from Knu came in...

efSg7km.jpg

Started looking for some ideas as to how am I gonna get the amp and large sub enclosure in the ext cab? how am I gonna set it up? Looked for some ideas online and saw some great ideas but needed something a lil different. I created this drawing using google sketchup and I think it'll work good.....kinda looks like the toilet tank huh lol That rectangle represents the amp. The bottom piece of the false floor isn't gonna be there.

UPIVEiR.jpg

Right about that time, I started messing around with Google Sketchup and whipped up a design that Mr. Stang had given me, hand drawn at the time since he wasn't using the program at the time...

t8h1Ce4.jpg

Sold the Alpine 9833 for 150 bucks. So....a few weeks ago went to get some baltic birch wood to start the enclosure for the single 8...my lines laid out for cutting

ZJm77Q6.jpg

8w3k1da.jpg

All the pieces needed cut...

mrbr1cu.jpg

Started assembly...

zf1nUAB.jpg

Port pieces together...

V26LpmA.jpg

zAwDQAp.jpg

9jinPVS.jpg

MfM5tHl.jpg

98SRjm9.jpg

XNhlLN4.jpg

ilSP2Ko.jpg
Doing some testing/listening....this lil guy pounds pretty good. Look at the sawdust that came out the port!!

Started false floor build...

50OGkAv.jpg

LHYfvGT.jpg
What the amp will look like once done...all holes drilled for wiring...

jjhBr7A.jpg

Started removing the old wire.....none of which were taped down, no surprise there...

PanPDF7.jpg

aEtTmQM.jpg
Check this ****** ground out.....can't see it but there was rust on top of the tap-screw....

7cyAQ60.jpg
So after removing the rusted screw revealed a non sanded surface for the ground. I wanna find that goddam installer and break my foot in his ***. That is not a good ground!!

DijMr5c.jpg

That's it for now...got more pics coming tomorrow as I make more progress....

Btw, if anybody can tell me a spraycan sort of stuff that I can use to spray around my grounding area so it doesn't rust or so, please lemme know, or the name of it.

Btw, if anybody can tell me a spraycan sort of stuff that I can use to spray around my grounding area so it doesn't rust or so, please lemme know, or the name of it.
you could use pretty much anything that puts a layer down. If you have a can of the shoe waterproofing stuff they always try to sell you at shoe stores, that'd even work

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.