Pioneer Avic X920BT Whine issue.

Participant count
  • Participant list

silvercookie
5,000+ posts

WRX
Queens, NY
Have a older pioneer avic x920bt double din in my 05 wrx currently.

Currently have a issue with whining through the speakers. Both front and rear speakers are currently running off the headunit.

It makes the whining noise whether the car is just in accessory or if its running. Has one of the black filter boxes on the Constant, Accessory, and Ground wires.

no whining through the sub though. and it doesnt fluctuate with rpm when car is running.

Sounds like a ground loop. My Volvo did that after I added a second amp. Check your ground connections, make sure your audio wires are as far away from everything else as possible. I ran my stuff on opposite sides of the car. You can add a ground wire to the stereo too, the little skinny black wire that's on there wasn't good enough in my case.

Put the phone down and DRIVE!!

I would guess it's time to send it to pioneer to get fixed

If it's doing it without the car running it's probably internal

You could always try connecting a 4 channel amp. If the rca output is still good but the internal amp is bad you could run the speakers off a 4 channel which would be better anyway

I would guess it's time to send it to pioneer to get fixed
If it's doing it without the car running it's probably internal

You could always try connecting a 4 channel amp. If the rca output is still good but the internal amp is bad you could run the speakers off a 4 channel which would be better anyway
Yea i actually have a planet audio 4 channel i bought and have just been lazy on installing. I'll try testing it through the amp and rca's and see what happens before i go through the whole process of running rca's again and wiring etc.

Wasn't sure if this was like soldering the pico fuse thing.

Sounds like a ground loop. My Volvo did that after I added a second amp. Check your ground connections, make sure your audio wires are as far away from everything else as possible. I ran my stuff on opposite sides of the car. You can add a ground wire to the stereo too, the little skinny black wire that's on there wasn't good enough in my case.
Put the phone down and DRIVE!!
Speskers running off head unit.

And i wasn't driving?

Either ground wire or bad RCA's.
No amp currently. Hesdunit has dedicated 12v from the battery and grounded to chasis.

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.