Upgrading Car Audio

Participant count
  • Participant list
Hello everyone I am new to car audio and am looking to upgrade my whole system in my tiny ford focus I already have a sub (Pioneer TS-W261 10"). I have done about 50 hours research and talked to a couple people and have got a decent set-up (or so I hope) https://www.crutchfield.com/cart/default.aspx?wm=tn1 . I am looking for clarity over volume I want to hear every detail from the speakers. The HU doesn't need to be fancy just EQ adjustments and provide the best quality sound to the speakers. I am not sure about the amp I just don't want it to break the bank. I would appreciate any help to my build and am willing to answer any questions.

Hello everyone I am new to car audio and am looking to upgrade my whole system in my tiny ford focus I already have a sub (Pioneer TS-W261 10"). I have done about 50 hours research and talked to a couple people and have got a decent set-up (or so I hope) https://www.crutchfield.com/cart/default.aspx?wm=tn1 . I am looking for clarity over volume I want to hear every detail from the speakers. The HU doesn't need to be fancy just EQ adjustments and provide the best quality sound to the speakers. I am not sure about the amp I just don't want it to break the bank. I would appreciate any help to my build and am willing to answer any questions.
my kenwood x301 hu is very nice for $119 or so, bt usb comes with mic, has 13 band eq, time alignment based on seating position, car type, hp and lp xovers and about 10 other audio setting 100's of color changes etc.. if u want higher end with network mode for comp sets most peeps here have the pioneer 80prs it's $300 or less..

My first choice would be the Alpine CDE-163 for $199 but I was also looking at the Kenwood Excelon KDC-X501 but i don't want to have such nice speakers and a sub par HU. I was wondering if the Alpine is worth the money.

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.