8" sub recomendations..... looking at DC audio.

Needing to redo a sub setup in my truck.

Don't have enough room to port a 10" sub under there but have just enough to do most 8's.

Wanting to port it around 33-34 hz.

The DC audio m3 8" seems to fit the needs and wants of the situation but I've no experience with them.

DC make a decent sub?

https://www.sonicelectronix.com/item_88185_DC-Audio-M3-8-D2.html

Enclosure will be around .7 to .8 cubes, max mounting depth is about 6.5" and thats the magnet touching the box at that point.

Which sub would you use?

Funny thing about that sub and its pricing is it's been the same for about 2-3 years now....not a single drop in pricing...

The dc Is a decent sub most of the 8s that can take 500 watts or more will be about the same price. With that said there is ampere and b2 as well as the American bass hd subs. And let's not forget the sa sub I'll be doing the b2 cc8'in the wife's car soon

Side note, our SSA F8L will be arriving VERY shortly. //content.invisioncic.com/y282845/emoticons/smile.gif.1ebc41e1811405b213edfc4622c41e27.gif

Side note, our SSA F8L will be arriving VERY shortly. //content.invisioncic.com/y282845/emoticons/smile.gif.1ebc41e1811405b213edfc4622c41e27.gif
Heard SSA has new subs coming out. Can you give us any details/info. Thought about getting a pair of Dcon's(if possible to find any) but also want to see what new stuff is coming out

Heard SSA has new subs coming out. Can you give us any details/info. Thought about getting a pair of Dcon's(if possible to find any) but also want to see what new stuff is coming out
The 8's are almost here. (customs having some fun with my wallet). I can post specs and more details in a dedicated topic soon. The F8L will kind of slot between the old Dcon and old Gcon in terms of power and performance. I am working on the Dcon and Gcon replacement at this time. The Gcon replacement is farther along in the process. As these are being moved to a stocking sub, instead of made to order, it is going to be a tiny bit yet until everything is paid for and built and shipped.

The 8's are almost here. (customs having some fun with my wallet). I can post specs and more details in a dedicated topic soon. The F8L will kind of slot between the old Dcon and old Gcon in terms of power and performance. I am working on the Dcon and Gcon replacement at this time. The Gcon replacement is farther along in the process. As these are being moved to a stocking sub, instead of made to order, it is going to be a tiny bit yet until everything is paid for and built and shipped.
Are you feeling good about moving away from Fi?

I know you will get less flak about shipping times.

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.