SUNDOWN SA OR FI ALPHA 12 FOR 930RMS (2ohm). yes tahoe here we go again..

BOOMINGRANDPA
5,000+ posts

WOLFRAM FTW
NC
SA will bstock $175 or FI $149.. i know SA is better sub but will it do well with around 900rms (450 after rise) seen lots of peeps running 1200 or more to them.. ALPHA has 3" coil so i'm sure it's very under rated power wise and should easily take 1k rms.. only reason i haven't bought the FI is not sure it'll be any better (louder) than sub i have, BL is actually lower than pioneer.. i like FI has 3" coil and made in usa.. i like everything on SA cone, motor, magnet, basket it's just $25 more but it maybe a while before i get new box so i modeled both in my box as best i could and ALPHA shows 1db more with less power (maybe because FI has lower mms) fi has small sub disp too which help with my small box.. so do i get SA kinda plan ahead for bigger box or get the fi which may work better now?

How about for 350$ I sell you a proper SPL sub and you can start better investing your efforts.
wow thats kinda what i'm trying not to do get a good sub that'll work with amp i have (@2ohms) if i was gonna spend that much i'd get the FIa SSD it's nice $299 with some upgrades.. i'm trying to spend less than that for sub and box..

If your just going to do same size woofer on same power that will be a waste of money. Run the amp at 1ohm and get a 15 //content.invisioncic.com/y282845/emoticons/smile.gif.1ebc41e1811405b213edfc4622c41e27.gif

wow thats kinda what i'm trying not to do get a good sub that'll work with amp i have (@2ohms) if i was gonna spend that much i'd get the FIa SSD it's nice $299 with some upgrades.. i'm trying to spend less than that for sub and box..

Thought you were trying to buy 2 cheap subs.

'05 Shocker Sig D1.4 copper coil. Soft suspension, would do nice low tuned for daily or tuned high for SPL on lower power.

If your just going to do same size woofer on same power that will be a waste of money. Run the amp at 1ohm and get a 15 //content.invisioncic.com/y282845/emoticons/smile.gif.1ebc41e1811405b213edfc4622c41e27.gif
I think that's just what you should do... ^^^^... but you'll have to build a box!.. LOL!.. Jeez and I thought I was an indecisive shopper...

https://www.skaraudio.com/collections/vvxv3-series/products/vvx-15v3-car-subwoofer?variant=18135448129

... maybe this would be in your range price wise... pretty big box though... That's the price you'll have to pay to get loud I think...

i'd run at 1 ohm but i only have old small 4 ga no big 3 don't wanta have electrical issues that force me to do all that and 15 will be difficult to fit in there unless i fire it up..

i'd run at 1 ohm but i only have old small 4 ga no big 3 don't wanta have electrical issues that force me to do all that and 15 will be difficult to fit in there unless i fire it up..
It's a 1 ohm stable amp with 4 ga inputs isn't it?.. I think you'll be fine... but what do I know...

Thought you were trying to buy 2 cheap subs.
'05 Shocker Sig D1.4 copper coil. Soft suspension, would do nice low tuned for daily or tuned high for SPL on lower power.
huh? well i have thought of going back with 2 sealed cause box is 100 x's easier and prefabs 3/4" work fine so i could but cheapest thing to do there would be buy a 2nd pioneer and box be done, modeling showed 2 pioneers sealed would be 2 db louder (running amp at 1 ohm) don't know how accurate that is and don't wanta run 1 ohm and i'd still have pioneer.. other otion which i wouldn't mind would be 2 lcs sealed but every sub i've checked so far (in that what sub will work sealed calc) shows none of them are supposed to be sealed even dayton hp which is supposed to use small box and work great.. others would be low end ab's but i fell sure they ain't great sealed idk..

It's a 1 ohm stable amp with 4 ga inputs isn't it?.. I think you'll be fine... but what do I know...
yeah should be but u never know.. if my amp was like many and did say 1/2 power like 5-600rms @2ohm and 1162 @1 ohm then yeah i'd do it but i only gain about 200rms at 1 ohm in this case..

I think that's just what you should do... ^^^^... but you'll have to build a box!.. LOL!.. Jeez and I thought I was an indecisive shopper...
https://www.skaraudio.com/collections/vvxv3-series/products/vvx-15v3-car-subwoofer?variant=18135448129

... maybe this would be in your range price wise... pretty big box though... That's the price you'll have to pay to get loud I think...
yeah i looked at the vvx and ddx 12's they all require large boxes too.. yeah if i got a 2.25 cf box it would open up options true but i'd probably just get the sa anyway..

yeah should be but u never know.. if my amp was like many and did say 1/2 power like 5-600rms @2ohm and 1162 @1 ohm then yeah i'd do it but i only gain about 200rms at 1 ohm in this case..
Once again it's "Yeah but"...I could be wrong but that sub should KILL your Pioneer... I think that sub would match up pretty good with your amp... if it's too much power, well... that's what the gains are for... LOL!

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.