2004 Honda Pilot build - 4 12's, 12k watts

TRaGiK
10+ year member

Senior VIP Member
So I originally planned on walling my Civic after this season of competing in the trunk class. Was going to do 4 12's on 12k watts, but doing to math on all the weight added to the car, it just wasn't going to work out like I wanted it.

So I bought this today...

Have to replace the transmission in it first, then get to work on everything else.

Going to do it no wall to begin with.

Will be slow going on this build initially. Gotta get through finals in early September, then sell the Civic and my old amps to fund a lot of this build.

So this happened today. Got the new transmission in. Have to do 20 min worth of work to it tomorrow and test drive it, but it should be done.

After working in it, it's obvious this thing has been neglected. Will be replacing timing belt before I start driving this thing. Paint is pretty dead as well, so it'll get a good polish soon.

My Civic is as good as sold, and the guy is willing to wait till after finals to get it. So September 11th it'll get taken apart, sold, and the real part of this build will begin.

Small update on this new ride.

Transmission has been replaced, new timing belt and associated components and a few other new misc parts to make sure this thing is good for the daily grind.

The actual audio build should start in the next week or so.

So the build will start on this, this weekend. Waiting on a bunch of parts, so it's likely the only thing I'll get done is installing the head unit.

Ordered 80 feet of Excellene 1/0 wire and 72 sq feet of deadener for it last night. Ordered mids/highs and a Singer 320 amp alt for it today.

The front stage will be 2 Nendo PWX 6.5's and 2 Nendo STS Tweets per door in custom pods build by Jared Gibson of Jeefworx. Those should be done around the end of the month. Jared is also building the box for the 4 12's as well, which I should have next week. Head unit will be the 80prs I used in the Civic...for now anyway. That may get swapped out for a double din of some sort later.

I had good luck running Autocraft AGM batteries in the Civic, and I can get group 34's dirt cheap...so I'll probably have a bank of 10 of them as well. I've already got 3, so this will be the most cost effective way for me to go. Eventually, I'll remove a couple of them in favor of cap banks, and possibly lithium as well.

Deadened the roof and hatch. Doors next. Eventually will do the rear quarters and floor, but that's gonna wait for a little bit I think.

About 30 sq feet in the roof and hatch. Probably not enough, but again, it'll have to do for now.

My box builder dropped my box off with me this morning. Going to stain it tomorrow, and hopefully get a lot of other stuff done to the Pilot as well.

thought about 1 supertweeter per door being enough? lol or maybe 2 silk dome tweeters instead?

box looks great, looks like you know what you're doing when it comes to the rest

thought about 1 supertweeter per door being enough? lol or maybe 2 silk dome tweeters instead?

I'm not a huge fan of how super tweets sounds. All of them that I've heard so far sounded a little harsh. The STS1 tweets are silk dome, and I'm doing 2 per door.

do yourself a favor and do 1/2 ply on the roof now lol. You'll need it.
I'm eventually pulling the headliner back out so I can swap it with one from vehicle without a DVD player. I very well may wood the roof at that time.

Stained. Gotta lay some clear on it tomorrow.
That looks pretty nice/great. Didn't realize there were many stains to choose from. Any ideas for a stain on my current enclosure? It's made from baltic birch....would really bring out the beauty of the wood. Thinking of using the same stain that SCStang uses on his, but dunno what particular stain he uses.

That looks pretty nice/great. Didn't realize there were many stains to choose from. Any ideas for a stain on my current enclosure? It's made from baltic birch....would really bring out the beauty of the wood. Thinking of using the same stain that SCStang uses on his, but dunno what particular stain he uses.
Thanks! I don't know much about finishes/stains, but I do know there's a ton of stains. I've seen some wood done even in a purple and blue stains, but I don't know if it was the stain itself that had the color or if they did something to the wood prior to staining.

The stain I'm using is "Ebony" color made by Minwax. Lowe's Hardware stocks it.

The wood this box is made of is Birch, but not real Baltic Birch.

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.