TRaGiK

2004 Honda Pilot build - 4 12's, 12k watts

So I originally planned on walling my Civic after this season of competing in the trunk class. Was going to do 4 12's on 12k watts, but doing to math on all the weight added to the car, it just wasn't going to work out like I wanted it.

So I bought this today...

IMG_20170811_132513_zpszvwql7lp.jpg

Have to replace the transmission in it first, then get to work on everything else.

Going to do it no wall to begin with.

Will be slow going on this build initially. Gotta get through finals in early September, then sell the Civic and my old amps to fund a lot of this build.

2004 Honda Pilot

320 amp Singer Alt, six DC Audio XL 12's. two DC Audio 9.0k's, DC Audio 175.4, four McLaren MLM-6a mids, two McLaren MLT-2 tweets, Pioneer 80PRS, two JY Power 80ah Lithium

:popcorn:

Tuned in... waiting for a video eventually...

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]The Budget Beater Blazer Build... Lookin' for those Basshead Problems!

So this happened today. Got the new transmission in. Have to do 20 min worth of work to it tomorrow and test drive it, but it should be done.

IMG_20170813_112610_zpsh28ngp9k.jpg

After working in it, it's obvious this thing has been neglected. Will be replacing timing belt before I start driving this thing. Paint is pretty dead as well, so it'll get a good polish soon.

My Civic is as good as sold, and the guy is willing to wait till after finals to get it. So September 11th it'll get taken apart, sold, and the real part of this build will begin.

2004 Honda Pilot

320 amp Singer Alt, six DC Audio XL 12's. two DC Audio 9.0k's, DC Audio 175.4, four McLaren MLM-6a mids, two McLaren MLT-2 tweets, Pioneer 80PRS, two JY Power 80ah Lithium

Small update on this new ride.

Transmission has been replaced, new timing belt and associated components and a few other new misc parts to make sure this thing is good for the daily grind.

The actual audio build should start in the next week or so.

2004 Honda Pilot

So the build will start on this, this weekend. Waiting on a bunch of parts, so it's likely the only thing I'll get done is installing the head unit.

Ordered 80 feet of Excellene 1/0 wire and 72 sq feet of deadener for it last night. Ordered mids/highs and a Singer 320 amp alt for it today.

The front stage will be 2 Nendo PWX 6.5's and 2 Nendo STS Tweets per door in custom pods build by Jared Gibson of Jeefworx. Those should be done around the end of the month. Jared is also building the box for the 4 12's as well, which I should have next week. Head unit will be the 80prs I used in the Civic...for now anyway. That may get swapped out for a double din of some sort later.

I had good luck running Autocraft AGM batteries in the Civic, and I can get group 34's dirt cheap...so I'll probably have a bank of 10 of them as well. I've already got 3, so this will be the most cost effective way for me to go. Eventually, I'll remove a couple of them in favor of cap banks, and possibly lithium as well.

2004 Honda Pilot

Deadened the roof and hatch. Doors next. Eventually will do the rear quarters and floor, but that's gonna wait for a little bit I think.

About 30 sq feet in the roof and hatch. Probably not enough, but again, it'll have to do for now.

IMG_20170918_185810_zpslwmlbn7l.jpg

IMG_20170919_134237_zpsfmbdbwlg.jpg

2004 Honda Pilot

My box builder dropped my box off with me this morning. Going to stain it tomorrow, and hopefully get a lot of other stuff done to the Pilot as well.

FB_IMG_1506096199229_zpsadtmsykq.jpg

2004 Honda Pilot

Stained. Gotta lay some clear on it tomorrow.

IMG_20170922_192903_zpsf9l9ksgj.jpg

2004 Honda Pilot

thought about 1 supertweeter per door being enough? lol or maybe 2 silk dome tweeters instead?

box looks great, looks like you know what you're doing when it comes to the rest

I AM The Future of personal transportation, NOW!!
Pretty sure everyone on this site hates you (@JohnKuthe) more then me and that's very hard to accomplish.

Deadened the roof and hatch. Doors next. Eventually will do the rear quarters and floor, but that's gonna wait for a little bit I think.

do yourself a favor and do 1/2 ply on the roof now lol. You'll need it.

09 Sienna Subs : Four Team Ascendant 18s......Sub amp: Two Taramps 15k

Headunit: Pioneer 80PRS......Mids/Highs two pioneer gm 8604 bridged, one at 4 ohms bridged one at 2 ohms bridged, one ppi 600.2 for tweets.

Front stage: Two PWX 10s per door midbass only....... PRV 6MR500 midrange....... Massive CT 2 german tweeters.

320 amp Singer alt....... 1 group 34 under the hood 6 group31 agms in the back 560 amp hours total.

thought about 1 supertweeter per door being enough? lol or maybe 2 silk dome tweeters instead?

I'm not a huge fan of how super tweets sounds. All of them that I've heard so far sounded a little harsh. The STS1 tweets are silk dome, and I'm doing 2 per door.

2004 Honda Pilot

do yourself a favor and do 1/2 ply on the roof now lol. You'll need it.

I'm eventually pulling the headliner back out so I can swap it with one from vehicle without a DVD player. I very well may wood the roof at that time.

2004 Honda Pilot

Stained. Gotta lay some clear on it tomorrow.

IMG_20170922_192903_zpsf9l9ksgj.jpg

That looks pretty nice/great. Didn't realize there were many stains to choose from. Any ideas for a stain on my current enclosure? It's made from baltic birch....would really bring out the beauty of the wood. Thinking of using the same stain that SCStang uses on his, but dunno what particular stain he uses.

97 4 dr. Tahoe

Interstate battery

Pioneer DEH-80PRS

Polk Audio MM6501 comps

Wolfram amps coming soon, 3000.1, 125.4

2 Sundown Audio X 15's Tuned @ 30Hz.

Knukonceptz/Royal Excelene wiring

That looks pretty nice/great. Didn't realize there were many stains to choose from. Any ideas for a stain on my current enclosure? It's made from baltic birch....would really bring out the beauty of the wood. Thinking of using the same stain that SCStang uses on his, but dunno what particular stain he uses.

Thanks! I don't know much about finishes/stains, but I do know there's a ton of stains. I've seen some wood done even in a purple and blue stains, but I don't know if it was the stain itself that had the color or if they did something to the wood prior to staining.

The stain I'm using is "Ebony" color made by Minwax. Lowe's Hardware stocks it.

The wood this box is made of is Birch, but not real Baltic Birch.

2004 Honda Pilot

That is a pretty nice setup that you have. And doing all the work yourself. I can do maintenance but the rest is out of my league.

Thanks.

I've been a mechanic for about 18 years now, and a shop owner for just over 8. Fortunately, this allows me to buy cars that need a lot of work for cheap, and have a decent vehicle for little money and some sweat equity. :)

Unfortunately, that doesn't translate well to carpentry work, so I pay a guy to build my boxes and door pods for me.

2004 Honda Pilot

Some progress. Got some urethane on the box, false floor done, battery rack/box done, and amp racks done.

IMG_20170923_150200_zpszwci7svq.jpg

IMG_20170923_150013_zps45d6oemx.jpg

I'm not pleased with where I have to mount the mids/highs amp, but I'm out of room in the cargo area and it won't fit under a front seat. The 12k will mount on top of the board, and the 90.4 you can see is between it and the batteries. Oh well. I'll likely replace the 90.4 with one of the tiny Brazilian 4 channels later and mount it under a seat. For now though, this will have to do.

IMG_20170923_154159_zpslgwlafxp.jpg

Also. I planned to run 10 group 34's. That's not possible. Looks like 8 is going to have to do (plus one under the hood).

2004 Honda Pilot

I hate running wire. HATE it. But it's done. Or at least the 2 runs of 1/0 and the 2 runs of speaker wire for the left side is done. Gotta run the right side speaker wire and all the RCA's still.

Still have to deaden the doors, pick up two more batteries, wire them all up, waiting on the alt to come in, and probably have to do a few other things that I can't think of at the moment.

IMG_20170924_123001_zpstt6qr14w.jpg

IMG_20170924_140535_zpsikhicskw.jpg

Pic of the amp just because. Haven't fondled it in over a month and wanted to get it out of the wrapper today. :D

IMG_20170924_113422_zpsunnvxphy.jpg

2004 Honda Pilot

Little more done. Still a lot to do. Should finish it up this weekend.

IMG_20170926_183849_zpsydgloiux.jpg

2004 Honda Pilot

Is the red wire Royal Excelene/Southwire?

97 4 dr. Tahoe

Interstate battery

Pioneer DEH-80PRS

Polk Audio MM6501 comps

Wolfram amps coming soon, 3000.1, 125.4

2 Sundown Audio X 15's Tuned @ 30Hz.

Knukonceptz/Royal Excelene wiring

Create a free account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Register a new account

Sign in