Stereo Integrity TM65 MkII drivers...

Chops

Na
As I'm slowly building my SQ system, I'm pondering these Stereo Integrity TM65 MkII 6.5" drivers for my doors, and possibly upgrading my Memphis 2.75" dash drivers to the Stereo Integrity 1" XBL^2 tweeters.

So tell me about these mid-bass drivers. Anyone use them or heard them?

Years back, I had their 12" sub and that thing sounded excellent powered by a JL Slash amp in a small sealed enclosure.

Looking forward to your thoughts! Many thanks in advance!

As I'm slowly building my SQ system, I'm pondering these Stereo Integrity TM65 MkII 6.5" drivers for my doors, and possibly upgrading my Memphis 2.75" dash drivers to the Stereo Integrity 1" XBL^2 tweeters.
So tell me about these mid-bass drivers. Anyone use them or heard them?

Years back, I had their 12" sub and that thing sounded excellent powered by a JL Slash amp in a small sealed enclosure.

Looking forward to your thoughts! Many thanks in advance!
idk about them but we did have some of those subs (idk model) fs on here recently.. wow nice amp, arc ain't free,, shop in town was doing a $10k arc system in suv when i was there few months ago..

idk about them but we did have some of those subs (idk model) fs on here recently.. wow nice amp, arc ain't free,, shop in town was doing a $10k arc system in suv when i was there few months ago..
I know the SI sub I had was excellent. Just found some old pics of it. It was the MAG D2. As for the Arc amp, I have read nothing but good things about it, likewise about the SI mids and tweeters I'm getting.

You will enjoy them. If you waited a few days a DIYMA member is running them up against the $700 Audiofrog GB60s. Waiting to see how that goes.
It'll be cool to see how the two compare. I won't be too concerned considering SI's reputation and the fact that there will always be "better" out there somewhere. Either way, these will be a whole lot better than anything I had originally planned on.

They are both extremely good drivers. You wont be disappointed
Sent from my SGH-M919 using Tapatalk
That's what everyone keeps telling me. I figured if I'm going to do a system again, I better go ahead and do it right. And I take my music serious, so it only makes sense to get proper gear.

The speakers, amp and speaker spacers will be here this coming week. I'll install the speakers, but I'm having the amp installed at a shop over in Clearwater. I just don't have the time these days to take on such a task as installing an amp. Plus my lower back is usually angry the next few days after such things. LOL

You will enjoy them. If you waited a few days a DIYMA member is running them up against the $700 Audiofrog GB60s. Waiting to see how that goes.

Interested as well. Actually...if you're in central florida I wouldn't mind getting a listen to them if you ever have a spare moment. Tempted to pick this up for my Jetta.

Interested as well. Actually...if you're in central florida I wouldn't mind getting a listen to them if you ever have a spare moment. Tempted to pick this up for my Jetta.
I'd be more than happy to have you drop in for a listen!

Be super careful with the surrounds where its glued to the basket. Ive had issues with Si producta in that department. I believe they require nylon washers to avoid that issue.

Not in the case of the mk1s.
Ah... I guess Nick got some complaints about the Mk I's with that. Probably why he now included the hardware with the drivers.

That's why Nick drew a hard line about using the supplied screws or voiding your warranty with the mkIIs. It sort of sucks, but it is what it is though.
Many moons ago, I had built a new enclosure for my set of three JL 10W6's. I was rushing to get them installed, so used drywall screws to mount them in the first enclosure. I didn't think anything of it until I had built the new enclosure and went to remove the subs from the old enclosure. Some of the screw heads got wedged under that thick paper gasket, and when I unscrewed them, it peeled that gasket right off of the basket along with a good part of the surround on two of them.

Long story short, me being in a hurry ended up waiting over a week to install them in the new enclosure because I had to wait for the surround glue to arrive from Parts-Express. I never made that mistake again.

Both of my mk1 fell apart from that issue. No warning. Nothing. Just, mk2s have the recomme dation. Honestly pretty pissed. Whatever. They worked while they worked

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.