Sub comparo...havent seen anyone compare the two...

i just ran the alpha through wins about to buy 1 i checked it 30 mins ago and there's a calc u use to see if sub works in sealed box # needs to be under 50 the fi was 53. haven't tried the el but the el doesn't compare to the alpha... el has 2" coil alpha has 3" coil u would have to compare alpha to b2 IS which is a nice sub i love the way it looks and specs are closer to the fi but alpha is made in usa and is $30 cheaper doesn't have stitched cone (that i like) or woven tensil leads but other than that i would think they similar except when i modeled the b2 i shows lower spl than the fi with same power same box.. so alpha better than el b2 IS nice but maybe not as loud for more $..

B2 Audio EL12 vs FI Audio 12in Alpha .... both will be going in a smallish sealed box with no more than approx 600w. Daily sealed box not trying to break any records...going in Expedition. Anyone got some input?
found this yesterday $129 it takes small sealed box has 3" coil 5mm more excursion than the el (not really important in ported box but maybe in sealed) https://www.sonicelectronix.com/item_46485_NVX-XQW122-Newest-Version.html?utm_source=ebayenterprise&utm_medium=affiliate&utm_campaign=43737

Fi says the box should be 1-1.25cf with poly...which is perfect for me. and the only reason i compared that B2 with the Alpha was the price point. I had been looking at NVX but been hearing about some serious quality issues with them. I also considered getting my GCON reconed - I got it used and its got a good bit of coil chatter while barely even pushing it at moderate sound levels. I bought it used then ti st in the garage for 6 months so I wasn't about to go after the guy I got it from

well i'm full of bad news i ran edp (i think it's called) on the el and it came up at 64 so it's not great sealed either.. look at that dayton or idq.. someone will rec something else later

I hadnt used Parts Express since back in my beginner days when I purchased a box with 2 15's in it for like 175 bucks...I didn't know any better at the time and it was pure trash lol. Subs were missing mounting screws and the box leaked air lol. But some of the reviews for it do seem pretty good.

I have some Pioneer 480w amp , i dont remember the model number lol. But basically it wont see over 500w at 4ohm mono. I thought about those but im willing to spend 20-25 bucks for better quality and performance.

I have some Pioneer 480w amp , i dont remember the model number lol. But basically it wont see over 500w at 4ohm mono. I thought about those but im willing to spend 20-25 bucks for better quality and performance.
dude u can get a bstock sundown sa for like $175 or so i think, idk if your amp strong enough for and all or if does good sealed, just saying u can get some decent subs under $200

I'm not sure anything is better then sundown //content.invisioncic.com/y282845/emoticons/uhoh.gif.c07307dd22ee7e63e22fc8e9c614d1fd.gif

Ain't nothing wrong with that. I have a Memphis 1000d amp that I love and will hammer my 4 nsv3 18s.
yeah i get what u mean more than most but u can't compare that 1kd to that pioneer amp though lol.. if the lcs will work sealed i haven't seen specs yet that maybe good enough power for that..

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.