RCA question

What is the best way to get signal from HU to trunk? Do you guys custom solder RCAs? It seems that standard length cables are either just a little short or two feet too long...

Does somebody make high quality bulk cable? then you just run it to length and buy some nice rca connectors and solder??

Or is there some bad a$$ option like running a balanced connection???

Please enlighten me

What is the best way to get signal from HU to trunk? Do you guys custom solder RCAs? It seems that standard length cables are either just a little short or two feet too long...
Does somebody make high quality bulk cable? then you just run it to length and buy some nice rca connectors and solder??

Please enlighten me
Best way to get you your RCA cables is to take a tape measure and measure out from HU to trunk. Then factor in a few feet for unaccounted for humps, loops, odd shapes, etc. I would rather have a few extra feet than too short. Too long can simply be zip tied and tucked out of the way. I use KnuKonceptz Krystal RCA's which are great....fairly inexpensive. There's very few members here that made their own, but that would require skills to do so and parts to put together. Some other RCA's on the market that most other people prefer brandwise have been mentioned.....don't recall the name but you could do a search.

Making your own with high quality cable and ends is a great way to go. I'm horrible at soldering so I measure the car and buy the closest to the length I need from a good manufacturer like Stinger 9000's. There should be threads on here about making your own and definitely on Dyma.com.

If you have a DD dealer that has their RCA kits they can build them to length without you needed to buy 50 feet of raw cable. I only needed a 4, 5, and 6in so I got then built to size from sounddrive.

Twisted pair only works if your amp has balanced inputs.

Please enlighten me
not what u asked but gp audio makes custom length rcas not cheap though

First off. We went over this. You don't understand shelding.

2nd they use silver. Its about 15% more conductive.

3rd the shield is never grounded on both sides unless noise is present.

Yes i know what im tking about i use signal wite that has to very accuratly carry 1ma to 100ma signals. Any emf and your fucked.

The 8000s are nice but the 4000s are plenty good.

First off. We went over this. You don't understand shelding.2nd they use silver. Its about 15% more conductive.

3rd the shield is never grounded on both sides unless noise is present.

Yes i know what im tking about i use signal wite that has to very accuratly carry 1ma to 100ma signals. Any emf and your fucked.

The 8000s are nice but the 4000s are plenty good.
You should read that thread. There are some very smart people on this catagory giving input.

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.