Help with Audi A4

Participant count
  • Participant list
After researching it seems no one has any answers. Could I just get a cheap 4 channel, unhook stock speakers from factory amp in the trunk and run them to new amp, then run a rca to aux from the amp to phone? Thats the only thing I can come up with other than dropping close to $500 on the Hu.

After researching it seems no one has any answers. Could I just get a cheap 4 channel, unhook stock speakers from factory amp in the trunk and run them to new amp, then run a rca to aux from the amp to phone? Thats the only thing I can come up with other than dropping close to $500 on the Hu.
there are some cars that almost require you to pretty much replace everything that the oem put in it if you want to do one single thing to it. I saw in your other thread about the fm transmitter you tried, and i agree with the person who said that the cheapo ones sound like junk. FM transmitting is not a great option, but short of changing out the deck at great expense in your case, it might be what youre stuck with for the timebeing.

you might be able to conver the changer control (if your deck is so equipped) to an aux input which you can then connect to a BT receiver if you want to go wireless. check this link

https://www.amazon.com/Adapter-Connect-Mobile-iPhone-Touareg/dp/B007VWEEQQ

and refer to this q&a on it "Question: Does this work with 2011 Audi Q5 and iPhone6

Answer: I looked at the adapter in my car (in glove compartment) already and got the model number off of the non-working cord/adapter and went from there. I have a 2012 A4 and iPhone 5, which it works with. We just gave that car to my son and the same cord does work with his iphone 6. I would also google your car to see if … see more

By JR on March 19, 2016"

i know the bolded and enlarged part talks about a 2012, but its worth investigating

then if that works, you can just attach one of these https://www.amazon.com/TaoTronics-Bluetooth-Transmitter-Connected-Transmission/dp/B00P24XKS8/ref=sr_1_6?s=electronics&ie=UTF8&qid=1501247098&sr=1-6&keywords=bluetooth+transmitter via an 1/8th inch double female barrel connector like this https://www.amazon.com/CableWholesale-Stereo-Coupler-Female-30ST-STFF/dp/B000I963FE/ref=sr_1_fkmr2_3?s=electronics&ie=UTF8&qid=1501247185&sr=1-3-fkmr2&keywords=1%2F8th+double+female

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.