Before ordering 80prs

My63bug

Senior VIP Member
So I'm looking on eBay and I'm seeing several of them for around 250 - 260. Been doing some research on them. And from what I read that some of the earlier models had some issues. That have been fixed in the more recent models. I just want to make sure that I'm buying the newest model. And not in new older model. Is there any way to tell.?

So I'm looking on eBay and I'm seeing several of them for around 250 - 260. Been doing some research on them. And from what I read that some of the earlier models had some issues. That have been fixed in the more recent models. I just want to make sure that I'm buying the newest model. And not in new older model. Is there any way to tell.?
I probably just overthinking stuff as usual

did u get your sub box done, installed & playing yet?

did u get your sub box done, installed & playing yet?
I should be able to play it today. To see how it sounds. There's an audio show tomorrow. I want to go get a number. Then I'm going to pull it out seal it up primer it painted all that good stuff. But I should be able to hear it today. Just got off work headed home to work on it now LOL

I should be able to play it today. To see how it sounds. There's an audio show tomorrow. I want to go get a number. Then I'm going to pull it out seal it up primer it painted all that good stuff. But I should be able to hear it today. Just got off work headed home to work on it now LOL
maybe u can stain it they look good like that.

maybe u can stain it they look good like that.
No I don't think that would look right in my car. Plus I'm using MDF not Birch. I'm going to paint it. And then pinstripe it. Probably put some calligraphy. I'm a bit of an artist

Each PRS80 has production date sticker on the box and unit itself. last one I bought on amazon was 3 month old,can`t get any fresher than that.

Have fun, great HU for the money.

BTW first I used in 2012 has zero issues.

try not to buy from jbtools on amazon or ebay, they screw*d guy on here on a ap amp no refund, trades or nothing, didn't ever work right..

The deck is dated. For 120 more dollars you can get a jvc kw-m730 and it plays up to 24/196 and even dsd 1bit 11mhz. Id definitally look at something that can play lossless. You can have all the processing you want if compression degrades the quality there's no getting that back.

You better off buying a unit that can actually playing High resolution and later down the road getting a DSP to do your processing and ultimatly have a much better sounding system.

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.