Android turn by turn directions over HU Bluetooth

Participant count
  • Participant list

scoob8000
10+ year member

CarAudio.com Elite
This is my first bluetooth HU so bear with me.

The only way I can get my Google maps or Waze to talk to me over the car audio is if my Pioneer PRS80 is set to Bluetooth input. 99% of the time I'm listening to a USB or Ipod source.

I found an app that forces the phone to send that audio over the "call" bluetooth channel instead of audio but it doesn't work well. By the time the HU switchs to that audio, maps is half done playing the directions.

Any other work-arounds?

Just wondering, when you set the source, do you set it as Bluetooth or iPod as the source?

I know on my 3800, when I use iPod as the source and when I plug in the cable to my phone, the maps will go through my speakers just like if I'm using the Bluetooth capability. Now don't know if it might be different since my hu is a double din while yours is only a single din.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.