TEAM DEAF BONCE USA - (2) 32s | 48kw | 48 banks of caps

ObTechAudio

Senior VIP Member
Provo, UT
Many of you have seen the sweet build our Russian brothers just completed with (2) 32" Deaf Bonce subs in their clean red Escalade. Well, we too cracked open some vodka and decided it's time to bring some monster subs over to the USA and build a cool *** rig.

So, without further adieu, we introduce you to the Alpha X -- a sweet ***, chipped paint 6.0L Chevy Suburban packed with:

• (2) 32" Deaf Bonce subs
  • (48) banks of 2.7 / 3000F Maxwell caps
  • (48kw) of new Deaf Bonce Brazilian board amps
  • (3) 390a US Alternators alts
  • (1) independent 250a US Alternators alt
  • Plenty of Deaf Bonce mids and highs with complimentary 4-channels
  • Tons of SMD and SHCA goodies

We're finally to a point with the AlphaBlazer to where we can hold off fixing its issues and start working on this one-of-a-kind build. We'd specify some goal or some achievements that we'd like for it to hit and surpass, but in all reality, we just want the **** thing to play and turn some heads. Think we can do that. Tune in - this should be fun!

VHWtyCK.jpg

It's really hard to explain how big these subs really are. You'll see in future photos how these subs dwarf everyday objects. These are the old cones, so don't mind the leads. They have been reconed and look money. And in case you were wondering, they weigh in at about 210lbs. of full carbon and neo

HcRLDiD.jpg

APZod5O.jpg

dCXJTxi.jpg

48 banks of caps?!?!?! holy ****

you're going to be turning heads from 2 miles away. obviously it sounds like you're trying to make it a musical all around fun build which im happy to see, but are you trying to compete with it at all?

Enough reserve to feed those amps full power for around 45 seconds.
Build should be cool though.
Are you getting the caps direct from Maxwell?

If so, want to PM me the details? I'm wondering what bulk orders cost.

I've only got 28k on tap, so I'm interested in how 48 banks does with 48k.

http://www.electronics2000.co.uk/calc/capacitor-charge-calculator.php

One ampere = 1 coulomb per second.

I'm also interested in a group buy on supercaps + buss bars. I think a couple might hang for a 3 second burp for me.

48 banks of caps?!?!?! holy ****
you're going to be turning heads from 2 miles away. obviously it sounds like you're trying to make it a musical all around fun build which im happy to see, but are you trying to compete with it at all?
If we do compete, we've talked about either doing Psychlone or something like a subsonic suicide. Not really looking to make this a burp queen. Much more geared towards demos, but the AlphaBlazer was the same way too but it ended up being a 161+ car so we'll see how this one turns out.

No, we actually picked up both banks from a guy selling them on eBay out of public transit buses. He sold them in one giant bank of 24 smaller banks. He still might have a few left. Give eBay a search. After doing the math, each bank of 6 came out to be h-e-l-l-a cheap like $150 or something around there.

Here are the 48 banks. These are not the newest version from Maxwell, but we consulted some close friends and figured that they'd still be a great option for this build - especially when it came to weight savings vs. AGM and cost savings vs. lithium.

tEpbzxb.jpg

yQKJUyA.jpg

rlY3Ge6.jpg

No, we actually picked up both banks from a guy selling them on eBay out of public transit buses. He sold them in one giant bank of 24 smaller banks. He still might have a few left. Give eBay a search. After doing the math, each bank of 6 came out to be h-e-l-l-a cheap like $150 or something around there.

That's a great price. It's a fair bit of energy storage anyway so depending on how you use it you may be fine.

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.