feeler - blown bc3500d - whats it worth??

Participant count
  • Participant list

oldschoolboomer
10+ year member

CarAudio.com Veteran
I have one that randomly let out the magic smoke a couple years ago. It was installed in my son's Bronco that was parked a few months. I went out and started the truck and the smoke went rolling. I opened it up and couldn't see anything burned up. I just took it down out of a closet and tested it in the garage. No power or protect lights, just an awful smell. I don't have any use for it or I would send it off for repair. What's it worth?

Open it up and post some gut pics... I'm trying to learn repair and am searching for the NEXT victim... LOL!

Open it up and post some gut pics... I'm trying to learn repair and am searching for the NEXT victim... LOL!
You're not going to get far with amp repair just trying to look and see what's obviously burnt. That's not how it works or guys who know what they're doing wouldn't bill 75$ an hour bench time.

That said, I've got an old Boss amp, forget the "ratings", but real-world about 45X4, very clean looking, regulated power supply, 5$ + shipping if you want something cheap to poke around with.

I have one that randomly let out the magic smoke a couple years ago. It was installed in my son's Bronco that was parked a few months. I went out and started the truck and the smoke went rolling. I opened it up and couldn't see anything burned up. I just took it down out of a closet and tested it in the garage. No power or protect lights, just an awful smell. I don't have any use for it or I would send it off for repair. What's it worth?
You'd do far better paying for repair from a reputable shop then selling. It's rather a gamble buying broken amps so the price will have to be low enough to cover worst case scenario. I'd suspect fixed you could get 400-450 out of an older 3K-3500 Korean.

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.