What Components to match the 15 Solo

jaredmonk
10+ year member

helena
Hey everyone,

I just got my Solo l715" put in. God damn it is loud already and i am just breaking it in. My problem is though it overwhelms my cars speakers.

What speakers should i get? What brand? How many? How many amps?

I have a 93 suburban. I am not positive but it has 2 5 1/2 up front. 2 6 1/2 in middle. And 2 6x9 in back. And possibly 2 more 6 1/2 but i am not sure.

So can you give me some options. I want them to beable to keep up with the Solo. Also around this summer I am putting in a second 15" (if my windows will support it...ehehe)

Sub: L715" Kicker Solobaric

Amp: Rockford bd1000.1

HU: Pioneer 7300

THanks

Well... Here is my humble advice. Some people may criticize me but I have just recently (Last month) heavily gotten into car audio. If you have 4 open slots in your car then I would recommend the 5.1 or 6.1 Infinity Kappa Perfect component system and power it with a 200.4 Rockford-Fosgate Punch amplifier. You will get very good highs because Infinity specializes in getting very good quality (and loud) mid to high sounds. The tweeter on this component system goes all the way up to 21,000Hz. That is what I am getting within the month so I feel I should recommend it to you as well.. If you have a 6 open slots and a bigger budget then you should get one of the higher grade Audiobahn component systems and power it with a Rockford-Fosgate 400.4 Punch amplifier or 600.4 Punch amplifier. This will cost more and you may lose sound quality (although not a whole lot) but it will be good. However, in my opinion if you have 4 open slots for a mid and tweeter then you should go with the first setup I recommended. Again, I have only been into car audio and I still have more to learn but I have spent at least 1-2 hours a day on the internet looking things up so I am partly reliable but I do recommend you check other opinions. And about Infinity, I am not just all talk about them. I have already ordered 2 Infinity Kappa Perf 10"'s and they will be installed on Friday so I do like the company and their reliability enough to purchase their products. Some other things I recommend is to TALK TO ZANE (He's a car audio genius from what I have seen), listen to as many audio systems as you can (If you go to school find out who has good systems and ask those people if you can listen to them), and keep looking on the internet and see what you are looking for and then search for products that were built with what that in mind. Good luck.

Not adding any help here, but, noticed you had a Pioneer P7300...how you like it?...I'm thinkin about getting one. What can ya tell me?

Depending on how you want you front staging to sound is where you begin. If your going to run them off of an amp, be prepaired for some re-wiring, depending on where you put the amp in the back or under one of the seats you have to get the speaker wires from there to the speakers. If you are getting this all installed by a pro dont worry about anything, let them, although your input is going to be critical. The Infinity's sound good and are a high quality speaker. But dont limit yourself with just them. You have alot of space in your suburban, and your going to need to fill alot of open space that right now the sub is filling in. Your deck can help with positioning the sound properly but you may want to get an EQ. Now I dont know how heavy you want to get into this, but if you jsut want to pop in some new 5 1/2's etc, and run them off your deck, just be careful of the total RMS of the speakers your installing. You dont want your deck getting over run by the speakers, hence the adding of an additional amp. Alot of options and your best one is to shop around from local stores even to the bigger stores and listening to the different speakers out there on the market. Its hard for me to tell you what your preferences are over a computer. Your ears are the ones that have to listen to them
Good luck

Hey thanks so far for your input.

By the way the deck is super sweet. It has 3 preouts witch is nice. It puts out decent power to my speakers. I believe 40x4. Also i love the pics that it has programmed into it. I would highly reccomend it to you. Also i paid like 269.00 witch is a good price for it.

Seccondly i might have just blown my new ****. So i might kill myself after I am done writing this. I am praying the wiring just came lose but i dont know.

Third. I am defently going to amp my speakers up. I am either going to get 2 5 1/2 and 2 6x9 or 4 6x9. Most likely the first option. I havent decided. Cash will depend on that. I am also getting lowering springs and a grill guard so i have to devide up the money.

But please i would love more options on speakers.

THanks

Jared

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.