Trying to un**** the install done by previous owner

Participant count
  • Participant list

dvrmstrng
5,000+ posts

DE
Just picked up a 2001 Tahoe for a daily and am losing my mind trying to get the audio system functioning.

Currently it has an older Panasonic BT Double din

Mix and match speakers in the doors

A rear factory sub that isn't working but a factory amp that has power.

Does anyone here have any experience with similar vehicles, I believe most Tahoe's Suburbans and Denali's have a similar setup. If someone wants to PM their name on FB I have photos of basically all of the wiring saved for easy sharing. Thanks.

You can try to upload pics here with PB. I didn't have any issues the other day when I uploaded a few.

As to your problem, either sub is blown or simply needs to be plugged into the amp again.

I have a 2001 Yukon XL 2500. When I got it the aftermarket system was not done right. I ran 12 gauge runs from the back, through the door grommets and used these for my door speakers, bypassing the factory speaker harness. Ripped out the 8 gauge CCA power and ground cables installed by the previous owner (the positive had a 15a fuse under the hood that was melted into an open circuit), that was powering a 500 watt amp. Ran new power, ground and RCA cables. Basically just tip everything out and start over.

Sent from my LG-H910 using Tapatalk

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.