Um, I last logged in 10 years ago, in 2007! What's good in 2017?

jtmoney
10+ year member

i DiDn'T dO iT!!!
Had some time to kill, been out the audio scene for a looooooong time (um, 2007 to be precise), so thought I would take a trip down memory lane and log in.

When I was around, Stereo Integrity, Digital Designs, AudioQue, Image Dynamics, RE Audio, Shocker Audio, Beyond Audio, Adire Audio, Incriminator Audio, all that kind of stuff, was looked upon as the best kit money can buy.

I see some of those brands have now disappeared for good.

So, what's good these days folks? //content.invisioncic.com/y282845/emoticons/smile.gif.1ebc41e1811405b213edfc4622c41e27.gif

(It took me 3 attempts to get remember by password after 10 yrs, crazy huh!)

Had some time to kill, been out the audio scene for a looooooong time (um, 2007 to be precise), so thought I would take a trip down memory lane and log in.
When I was around, Stereo Integrity, Digital Designs, AudioQue, Image Dynamics, RE Audio, Shocker Audio, Beyond Audio, Adire Audio, Incriminator Audio, all that kind of stuff, was looked upon as the best kit money can buy.

So, what's good these days folks? //content.invisioncic.com/y282845/emoticons/smile.gif.1ebc41e1811405b213edfc4622c41e27.gif

A few of those are still around and good. The new ones are Sundown, Soundqubed, SSA, Fi, Fu
AudioQue just changed it's name to Soundqubed. It was over copyright issues iirc.

Shocker isn't around as much. RE is just making crappy mainstream stuff.

Stereo Integrity is OEM'd by Sundown.

Digital designs is still great stuff, but also expensive.

Image Dynamics is mainly sound quality stuff.

I don't think Beyond or Adire are making stuff anymore. I could be wrong.

Incriminator is still going strong.

AudioQue just changed it's name to Soundqubed. It was over copyright issues iirc.
Shocker isn't around as much. RE is just making crappy mainstream stuff.

Stereo Integrity is OEM'd by Sundown.

Digital designs is still great stuff, but also expensive.

Image Dynamics is mainly sound quality stuff.

I don't think Beyond or Adire are making stuff anymore. I could be wrong.

Incriminator is still going strong.
SI isn't OEMed by SA. They just share parts sometimes.

Good to see some old heads in here.

yeah sundown has almost taken over whole world lol., and fu audio has real good subs, i like B2 IS subs and someone was selling some Stereo Integrity subs here in classifieds

SI, DD, Audioque (now soundqubed), and Incriminator are the same as you remember. RE still makes fairly decent woofers and the '02 XXX is sought after. Wiggins vanished from the scene and Adire folded up shop, their classic stuff is still well regarded and a handful of companies have made (still make) XBL^2 speakers (mostly mids).

Shocker hasn't sold any motors since TC Sounds went under, but Shocker Mike still sells softparts (American made and excellent quality SPL parts) and even sold a small production run of very big amps a few years back. Super Extreme (TC9) isn't much of an SPL sub anymore with how cheap power has become, but Sig still holds its own in the lanes and you'll still find them at world finals.

Dunno if you were around for the RD fiasco but they got boned by their buildhouse in the far east on the revised version of their 3200W amp. First version (along with D9) were wildly popular but they lost their arse when they got a shipment of the V2 that mostly blew up right out of the box and they were unable to absorb the loss to make good on them. They went away along with their subs (which IIRC were built by Atomic).

Otherwise, you haven't missed much, power is getting bigger and cheaper, subs are sacrificing efficiency for the sake of handling the cheap power, and this forum is still pretty much trolling and nuthuggery.

The only thing really groundbreaking you've missed is digital processing both outboard and built in to head units. Technological advances have improved leaps and bounds. If you're an SQ guy you'll be trilled by your processing options today.

Id say it depends on your budget alot of the time.Power is cheap these days, but then again so is the quality as well.Higher THD% .You still have to PAY TO PLAY in general

Last edited by a moderator:
I can't force myself to pay that much for something made in china. I don't care how great they are. Chinese labor is cheap. Now I can pay $240 for a set of SI TM65s.
Really tempted to pick up a set of these too, but I am looking at running a 3 way set. Yes, just like my mom.

SI isn't OEMed by SA. They just share parts sometimes.
I'm pretty sure SI subs ship from the same address as the American Sundown build shop. I also saw Sundown Team motors made with SI 24" soft parts.

I am almost positive that SI is OEM'd by Sundown, but it is possible that I'm wrong. Either way, it doesn't matter to me. I was thinking about trying SI next

A few of those are still around and good. The new ones are Sundown, Soundqubed, SSA, Fi, Fu
We (SSA) were around when you last logged in. //content.invisioncic.com/y282845/emoticons/wink.gif.608e3ea05f1a9f98611af0861652f8fb.gif

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.