Loudest/Bass Audio setup for under $1000.

Mac1873

Hello, I'm new here, have a 2004 Toyota Corolla and I'm looking to put a sound system in it. I'll need everything from the head unit to subs. I'm willing to buy some things used if not everything used. I'm not looking for the best sound quality but I am looking at it to be competition level loud, something that will really rattle the car. Any recommendations? Thanks!

Hello, I'm new here, have a 2004 Toyota Corolla and I'm looking to put a sound system in it. I'll need everything from the head unit to subs. I'm willing to buy some things used if not everything used. I'm not looking for the best sound quality but I am looking at it to be competition level loud, something that will really rattle the car. Any recommendations? Thanks!
where are you in florida?

spend most of your time researching how to properly install things, and spend the bulk of your money on having a custom enclosure built by a professional.

you can get pretty loud with just a ppi 900.5 and an efficient sub, plus it wont kill your electrical. $1000 is a bit low unless you're doing all used equipment while installing it yourself. id recommend just buying things slowly over time and being patient for the right deals to come up. the correct install parts do add up over time, id honestly recommend getting the headunit and 4 channel amp (the 9 wire conductor and amp kit) installed by a professional shop just because you're probably not the best at wiring (but i dont know that for sure).

id start out with a headunit like this:

https://www.crutchfield.com/S-Ak9299nMnLr/p_130X690BS/Pioneer-MVH-X690BS.html

and then get a 9 wire conductor run to where your 4/5 channel amp will go (id recommend in the trunk somewhere) along with a 4 gauge OFC wiring kit to power it. the 9th conductor is for remote turn on, by the way. then two/three sets of RCAs to run on the opposite side of where you run your power wire to provide signal.

id then invest in a dso nano digital oscilloscope for ~70 bucks to make sure you dont blow your speakers with clipped signal, set the filters on the 4 channel for your doors, replace your door speakers with probably something like a crescendo or prv pro audio mid and a silk dome tweeter.

and then get a sub like the cab ultra 12 and a ported enclosure built for it

youll save money buying used amps, but for door speakers and heaunits id just go with new unless you can get a pioner 80prs for $150 used

oh and the most important part of this if you're new to car audio is to do your research, and not to rush. you WILL be disappointed if you do things fast and set things up improperly, fail to terminate your wiring properly, etc.

I can almost guarantee you're not going to put together anything competition worthy for 1000$ easily. Your best bet if you're serious is to go to some competitions and see what goes on. Make some friends there and learn what really goes into it. From there a lot of guys who compete are constantly changing gear so you may well could get in on some good deals on used stuff. Many folks give away boxes, though if a guy is giving away an SPL box it's because he has just built a louder one.

You can do quite a bit with 1000$ budget, but have reasonable expectations, you're going to have to compromise somewhere.

I really appreciate the response. I have been doing my homework and I do plan on installing everything myself. I just don't know much about the market. I've been shopping around and I have someone I know offering me two 15 inch kicker L7 subs with a 2000 watt amp. Should I consider it? He said I can have everything for $500. Regardless, I'll continue to read up. Thanks again. Also, I'm in central Florida.

I really appreciate the response. I have been doing my homework and I do plan on installing everything myself. I just don't know much about the market. I've been shopping around and I have someone I know offering me two 15 inch kicker L7 subs with a 2000 watt amp. Should I consider it? He said I can have everything for $500. Regardless, I'll continue to read up. Thanks again. Also, I'm in central Florida.
id buy just the l7's after making sure theyre blown and build a box for them. problem is, you'll need like a 10+ cube box for them and i dont forsee that fitting in your trunk. 2 15s in a small box will be quieter than 1 15 in a big box

what is the 2000w amp? dont buy anything thats boss/planet audio/etc

What amp?

If you don't plan on building a wall (which will probably cost you 500$ minimum in wood and glue) those won't do you much good in a corolla.

not gonna work in a corolla. What gets you loud is the box design. Factory, pre-made, sealed all those boxes are basically garbage for getting loud. In order for those kickers to really get loud, you need a box bigger than your trunk so its not really even an option to run both. If you run one in a well designed box, it'll be 3 x louder than running two in whatever box he got them in.

problem mostly is u aren't gonna have room for large box.. however i think if u can fit 1 12" ported we can get u pretty loud (keep in mind some of the guys here have more than $1k in wire and batterys alone with 2-15's in 9cf box and 5k rms or 4 18's in something like 20cf or more so to them 1 12 ain't loud) but normal people think my $70 sub is very loud and rattles car pretty bad and i have some deadener on trunk lid.. and for $1k u should be able to get 1 cab ultra 12 or american bass xfl or soundqubed (since u don't care about sq) and a 1k rms mono amp (my ppi p1k tested at 1162rms @1ohm is about $160) and a ppi 600.2 amp is $117 for mids (guy here has 4 of them) my hu is pretty nice for $119 has tons of audio adjustments... if u just want coax speakers just get something like polk or even rf they under $100 set.. if u think u may want to add bigger amp or 2nd amp or whatever later u should start with 0ga ofc amp kit that way u will have a good base start point changing amps later be easier.. u could get 2 sundown E 12s bstock for $95 each (they're fine just may have little extra glue on them or something everyone gets bstock saves $40 each) if u have room for 2 12's which i doubt..

Just saying I wouldn't pay more than $150 per L7 used price

They are decent subs but for a few dollars more you can get into a used sa or even hdc3 possibly a sundown X or Z

I would do 2 decent 12's with a cheap 1k amp

Run the 1k and save up for a 3.5 or 5k and some electrical upgrades

2 12's on 1k will still get decently loud

I appreciate all the feedback. So basically what I should be looking for is 1 sub, if I can fit one 12 or one 15 and a well designed box? If I just chose to go with 1 sub like that which would yall recommend and what kind of RMS are we talking? I'll build the box myself based off of some builds already to save some money.

well that depends on sub but if u get sundown e rated at 500rms they do handle more and we like "head room" on amp cause peeps usually blow subs by under powering them, setting gain to high to make up for it and using bass boost (which is just distortion) and sub blows.. we have guys here running 3500rms to 2 8's.. i have $70 pioneer pro rated 600rms running 930 rms to it from my ppi amp gain at like 25% no bass boost pretty loud (i get complaints all the time lol) and mine is in a $70 prefab ported box (but it's correct airspace and tuned at 35hz unlike most boxes that say 35 and are really40- 55hz after subtracting all displacements) u would want a good 700rms to the E, if u get cab ultra which is highly recommended rated at 750rms but u could get amp like mine and run 1100rms to that also the B2 IS is a nice sub $180 for 12's sold by gp audio vendor here u cold run that at 1 ohm too.. just shop around for subs pick one that will fit in car with pretty large box and then shop for amp..

blow subs by under powering them,.
Nobody in the history of speakers has blown one up from giving it too little power, if that's how it worked every time you turned your volume down below max your **** would burn up.

If you're not ready to warranty his equipment for him you probably shouldn't be recommending a guy who is a total rookie throw double rated power at his equipment.

I really wish you guys would quit doing this stuff.

I appreciate all the feedback. So basically what I should be looking for is 1 sub, if I can fit one 12 or one 15 and a well designed box? If I just chose to go with 1 sub like that which would yall recommend and what kind of RMS are we talking? I'll build the box myself based off of some builds already to save some money.
nice, just get a good blueprint and get a

* NEW * CAB-1600.1 Amplifier - Car Audio Bargain

SoundQubed HDS315

or

NEW SKAR AUDIO EVL-15 D2 2500W MAX POWER DUAL 2 OHM COMPETITION CAR SUBWOOFER | eBay

single D2 wired down to 1 ohm.

The amp does true power.

Nobody in the history of speakers has blown one up from giving it too little power, if that's how it worked every time you turned your volume down below max your **** would burn up.
If you're not ready to warranty his equipment for him you probably shouldn't be recommending a guy who is a total rookie throw double rated power at his equipment.

I really wish you guys would quit doing this stuff.
distortion/clipping blows speakers not power., pretty much everyone here has said so., thats y they "over" power speakers and subs..

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.