Help with audio for my truck

Participant count
  • Participant list

Goode

Hi, new to this forum, so sorry if this is posted in the wrong place. Anyways, i recently bought a 2006 Chevy Silverado 1500HD and since i've had subs in every vehicle i've owned, i can't stand not having them now haha. So i am looking at putting 4 8" subs under the back seat in a ported box. Looking at 3 different set ups, 1) Rockford Fosgate P2D2 or D4 8s along with a P1000x1 or P1000x2 amp from RF as well. 2) Sundown Audio E8 V.5, but i'm not sure which amp, i've been told i could run the E8 D2s on a SAE-1500D @ 1 ohm and that would be my best option with those subs. 3) Sundown Audio SA 8s, but again, i don't know what ohm subs i should buy, D2 or D4, or what amp i should run with those. Any help would be appreciated!

any of the sundown 8's are nice, don't look like u have ton of power, u may should stick to the E's.. but do u know airspace yet? assuming amp is 1 ohm stable mono u would want 4 d2 subs wired to 4ohm each., u could also get a 2nd sub amp and run 1krms per pair should be good if u did that u would need d4's wire 2 ohm each..

any of the sundown 8's are nice, don't look like u have ton of power, u may should stick to the E's.. but do u know airspace yet? assuming amp is 1 ohm stable mono u would want 4 d2 subs wired to 4ohm each., u could also get a 2nd sub amp and run 1krms per pair should be good if u did that u would need d4's wire 2 ohm each..
saying i could run the Es on two amps at 1krms? the E8s are only 300w rms, so if i went with 2 amps wouldn't i be overpowering the each sub by 200w? Amps i'm looking at are the SAE 1000D V.2, rms @ 1 ohm for that amp is 1000w, or the SAE 1500D rms @ 1 ohm there is obviously 1500w, i would've thought my best bet would be 4 D2s wired @ 1 ohm. I don't know how much airspace i have available yet, i haven't gotten a quote for my box yet.

saying i could run the Es on two amps at 1krms? the E8s are only 300w rms, so if i went with 2 amps wouldn't i be overpowering the each sub by 200w? Amps i'm looking at are the SAE 1000D V.2, rms @ 1 ohm for that amp is 1000w, or the SAE 1500D rms @ 1 ohm there is obviously 1500w, i would've thought my best bet would be 4 D2s wired @ 1 ohm. I don't know how much airspace i have available yet, i haven't gotten a quote for my box yet.
yeah couple xtra watts is ok if u set gains low, but yeah y may wanta stay 1500 or under for 4 8's (those anyway) we have a guy running 3500 to 2 sq 8's

hey man has anyone mentioned the cab 1600 amp to u yet?, that would be 400rms per sub $199 but man it's a huge amp weighs 30 pounds just saying but may be perfect for u power wise..

hey man has anyone mentioned the cab 1600 amp to u yet?, that would be 400rms per sub $199 but man it's a huge amp weighs 30 pounds just saying but may be perfect for u power wise..
Oh... BTW... CAB lists 30 lb on their site as the weight but they actually are 15 lb each... I own 2... at 18.5" x 8" x 2" it is a good sized amp tho... thought you'd want to know...

Oh... BTW... CAB lists 30 lb on their site as the weight but they actually are 15 lb each... I own 2... at 18.5" x 8" x 2" it is a good sized amp tho... thought you'd want to know...
i ordered 1 for a guy it was heavy

i ordered 1 for a guy it was heavy
Yeah I thought so too but I ordered 2 amps about 7 months apart and warrantied one so I actually PAID return shipping and it was for 15 lb... I think it is deceptive as they are long and skinny... LOL!... IDK... the B2 M1 is listed at 30lb and that amp IS 30 lb... My Skar EVL's were 30 lb ea and they were HEAVY compared to the CAB amps... I think it is really a trick in perception tho... Oh well...

This is what FedEx weighed ONE amp at...

OYIrocM.jpg

IDK why Car Audio Bargain lists them at 30 lb each...

saying i could run the Es on two amps at 1krms? the E8s are only 300w rms, so if i went with 2 amps wouldn't i be overpowering the each sub by 200w?
Yes, and if you even have to ask you really shouldn't plan to give them more than rated power.

Best to check how much mounting depth you have as well. Most of the really rubust 8's are very deep.

I wouldn't go out of my way to pay MSRP for Sundown amps. They're nothing special compared to a dozen other "brands" that are just the same handful of Korean class D designs with different names etched on the heatsink. The only compelling reason I'd see would be customer/warranty support which you may well be able to get elsewhere at the price point.

Yes, and if you even have to ask you really shouldn't plan to give them more than rated power.
Best to check how much mounting depth you have as well. Most of the really rubust 8's are very deep.

I wouldn't go out of my way to pay MSRP for Sundown amps. They're nothing special compared to a dozen other "brands" that are just the same handful of Korean class D designs with different names etched on the heatsink. The only compelling reason I'd see would be customer/warranty support which you may well be able to get elsewhere at the price point.
Right, that's why I was asking, i'm not exactly a expert on this, i know the very basics, pretty limited knowledge haha. Really would like to learn this stuff way better i just haven't, that's why i came here, hoping to get some help from some experts. I believe i should have plenty of mounting depth, worried about airspace next. Getting a quote for a box from a shop when i get back home and have a chance to go off base. BTW, does anyone know any good box builders around Charleston SC they'd recommend?

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.