Alternative Sub location?

JAGX

I have a 17' Camry, which has the ability to fold down the rear seats so that you can in theory transport longer cargo if needed. It also has the spare tire under the trunk bed.

I would like to keep the ability to fold down these seats for the rare yet crucial occasion that I need to transport something long; and also access the spare tire underneath.

Has anyone installed their sub elsewhere, or have any ideas? the only thing I can think of is to get a shallow sub and stick that somewhere, but that is a last option.

Last edited by a moderator:
see is they make a fiberglass corner loaded enclosure for that car, then you can cut the spare cover so its removable with the sub enclosure in place.

a fold down infinite baffle with the ability to quickly remove the driver would probably be the least obtrusive and sound the best if clarity is your goal, but if you want moderate to heavy bass, thats a pretty brain racking feat to accomplish as you need a large displacement of real estate, even with a sealed alignment that may be too cumbersome or hard to get out. (this is however taking into account that i would never recommend a free floating box moving around in a trunk, i.e.; not bolted in place)

my 12" box is total about 2cf i can still stick boards from trunk to dash beside box., if i need to get to spare tire i'd just take box out in 1 min..

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.