Are All Amps Bridgeable?

Participant count
  • Participant list

Edward_Stryfe

Man of Many Pixels
I bought a Rockwood 600w[AMP-5555] 4c amp for my first amp and each channel is only pushing 150w and as far as I can tell I don't see anything suggesting that the amp recommends bridging. I want to use these subs https://www.amazon.com/Pyle-PLPW6D-6-Inch-Watt-Subwoofer/dp/B0071HY42K/ref=sr_1_1?ie=UTF8&qid=1498131667&sr=8-1&keywords=600w+subwoofer I'm not looking for any sort of competition or audiophile level just some bass for now. But they're 300w RMS and I can't seem to find any subs under 300wRMS that aren't actually just regular woofers(and in my price range

I was not planing on mounting them. I was really looking for 10 in subs but with my budget it just seemed like settling for two 6's would be good.
you need a box to place the subs into, you understand that, correct?

You cannot place them on the rear seat and have any bass at all.

I wouldn't get those Pyle subs....complete junk and you'll be wasting money on them and more than likely wont sound good at all.

No, not all amps are bridgaeable....but most are.

Tell us what you wanna do with some subs. What size your wanting in what vehicle, how much room you got, budget to work with, etc. This will give us a better idea to help you and lean towards better brands that we know.

you need a box to place the subs into, you understand that, correct?
You cannot place them on the rear seat and have any bass at all.
Yeah I planned on making a box for them.

I wouldn't get those Pyle subs....complete junk and you'll be wasting money on them and more than likely wont sound good at all.

No, not all amps are bridgaeable....but most are.

Tell us what you wanna do with some subs. What size your wanting in what vehicle, how much room you got, budget to work with, etc. This will give us a better idea to help you and lean towards better brands that we know.
I know pyle is pretty trashy, as for what I want for the subs. I have a pontiac vibe and just want to add bass I was initially looking for something in the 10in range, but i'm not sure what to expect or whether I'd need two or what. As for my budget I was trying to stay around 70$ max for subs. I also found out that the amp is bridgeable so I have realisticly up to 300wRMS to work with. I'm not sure how much I should need for the car, there's this skar sub that's a 12 https://www.amazon.com/dp/B00NHVX0KG/ref=twister_B01BRJTDBE?_encoding=UTF8&th=1 would one 12 be enough for a car that size?

Yeah I planned on making a box for them.

I know pyle is pretty trashy, as for what I want for the subs. I have a pontiac vibe and just want to add bass I was initially looking for something in the 10in range, but i'm not sure what to expect or whether I'd need two or what. As for my budget I was trying to stay around 70$ max for subs. I also found out that the amp is bridgeable so I have realisticly up to 300wRMS to work with. I'm not sure how much I should need for the car, there's this skar sub that's a 12 https://www.amazon.com/dp/B00NHVX0KG/ref=twister_B01BRJTDBE?_encoding=UTF8&th=1 would one 12 be enough for a car that size?
That Skar in a decent built box will be 100x better than what you were looking at.

Would the one be enough in a box for the whole vehicle?
get that skar (if u can go up to vvx model but that would need more power) then work on getting mono amp with more power or if u get d2 to wire to 4 ohm to bridge 2 channels of your amp to it u can just get better 2 channel amp like ppi 600.2 does 600rms bridged many peeps here use them for mids they $117 or so..

to be clear if u bridging 2 channels to sub u must get d2 sub wired to 4 ohm, don't order the d4 u showed your amp won't do that at 2 ohm bridged.. unless u u were gonna bridge 2 channels to each vc i guess that woould work as long and all channel have lp xover and u match gains, but if u gonna to that u would have about enough power for the skar vvx, sub or pioneer 3003 like mine ($70 ebay it's loud) and it has 96db rating so loud with less power..

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.