Gain matching taramps hd15k's

wing it.

I got worse results from several multi-meters than winging it. The multi meters didnt read proper AC voltage. tried out several, just didnt read anything proper.

as for winging it, have them at the same position on the gain knob, then make fine adjustments after testing aka seeing which subs move more, which sub coils get warmer when you really really push it then lower/raise accordingly. Multi meter gain matching made me lose a **** ton of output and had one sub hotter than the other.

****** meter or wrong frequency.
it was a fluke multi-meter along with 3 other multi-meters, same sh*t. 40 or 50hz doesnt do ****. The amp doesnt like multi-meters. Even with the gain maxed the ac volts didnt change much at all. literally just throw that multi-meter idea out the window and you'll do much better. with these hd 15ks. Its not my first rodeo gain matching two amps bud. it works with other amps just not the hd15ks

but quite literally my amp gains are identical to each other on the position. Both at 5% mark and they are loading evenly, subs are same temperatures, system is healthy, stuff gets loud, sounds good. With the multi-meter it had one at 4% and the other at 7% which is completely off sounded out of phase, improper loading, output su cks, uneven coil temps after a harsh session. its not as drastic as i make it but i do hear differences when things sound off.

it was a fluke multi-meter along with 3 other multi-meters, same sh*t. 40 or 50hz doesnt do ****. The amp doesnt like multi-meters. Even with the gain maxed the ac volts didnt change much at all. literally just throw that multi-meter idea out the window and you'll do much better. with these hd 15ks. Its not my first rodeo gain matching two amps bud. it works with other amps just not the hd15ks
Because ive said this and got laughted at. Its a pwm signal. You used the auto setting or the AC setting?

You need a reactive load and you are much better off using a clamp meter and volt meter.

Because ive said this and got laughted at. Its a pwm signal. You used the auto setting or the AC setting?You need a reactive load and you are much better off using a clamp meter and volt meter.
every setting in the book I took a massive amount of time trying to tune it with all "proper" gain setting techniques. subs hooked up, subs unhooked doesnt matter.

Like i said you are waaay better off winging it. Also using the clip indicator on the amp works great as well whenever i have the electrical to go up to 30% gain at +0 sub level which is when it starts flashing. Right now, still at 5% gain and -7 sub level atm and at -6 sub level, i drop to 10.3 volts lmaoo that lack of electrical is holding back soo much potential.

but quite literally my amp gains are identical to each other on the position. Both at 5% mark and they are loading evenly, subs are same temperatures, system is healthy, stuff gets loud, sounds good. With the multi-meter it had one at 4% and the other at 7% which is completely off sounded out of phase, improper loading, output su cks, uneven coil temps after a harsh session. its not as drastic as i make it but i do hear differences when things sound off.
Thats not to say the voltmeter wasnt more accurate. Two drivers might have been loaded slightly more so putting a tad less power on the other two could have helped..

every setting in the book.
Like i said you are waaay better off winging it.
I want to see said amp.

Full bridge. Meter works on averaging.

You need to use a peak reading not mean..

If that dont work the i want to know wtf kind of electricity that thing puts out.

I want to see said amp.Full bridge. Meter works on averaging.

You need to use a peak reading not mean..

If that dont work the i want to know wtf kind of electricity that thing puts out.
either its a lot of interference or some wierd stuff is going on. Other amps read the multi-meter fine. this just flat out reads wierd numbers. The ampere tfe read 91 volts while the taramps read 60 volts at 3% gain and 69 volts at max gain. However in a listening test the taramps was waay louder even at 5% gain on the old setup.

either its a lot of interference or some wierd stuff is going on. Other amps read the multi-meter fine. this just flat out reads wierd numbers. The ampere tfe read 91 volts while the taramps read 60 volts at 3% gain and 69 volts at max gain. However in a listening test the taramps was waay louder even at 5% gain on the old setup.
I realy think its the operation of the outputs and the meter trying to use an average. Ill bet its only reading one set of pulses at one given polarity. If you double the number is it more accurate?

Id use a clamp meter. Measure impedance and use the clamp if that is the case..

I realy think its the operation of the outputs and the meter trying to use an average. Ill bet its only reading one set of pulses at one given polarity. If you double the number is it more accurate?Id use a clamp meter. Measure impedance and use the clamp if that is the case..
its good where its at atm. No access to a proper clamp at this time.

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.