in dash car PC?!

Participant count
  • Participant list
I tried to build one years ago when i had an suv. Brought a pico itx board and everything. I gave up on it. This was about 10 years ago and screens in the dash wasn't common place yet. Let alone a whole mini carputer.

I tried to build one years ago when i had an suv. Brought a pico itx board and everything. I gave up on it. This was about 10 years ago and screens in the dash wasn't common place yet. Let alone a whole mini carputer.
A friend had a whole desktop in his van. Lol. It worked flawless and he DD low 150s.. i would think with a ssd these units will do nicely and with the opitcal out im sure noise rejection is plenty..

In 2010 my teamate glassed an ipad into his dash. Guess he was ahead of the curve
If it had a optical out i would have a long time ago.

I wish zapco would team up with kenwood the make a all in one unit.

With the indash pc i can finally tune a dsp from the dash. Im excited..lol

this looks to be a function PC with the exception of a mouse but i'm pretty sure a mouse can e used..
I hadnt clicked on the link until i read your last post, and after doing so, all i can say is HOLY CRAP!!!! An I7???? really?? in a double din???? How the hell did they pull that one off? I wasnt aware of a mobo that would fit in the width and depth dimensions of a din unit (double din is irrespective if the din measurements cant be met). I wonder how long the boot time is.

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.