What car would you buy with a $13,000 budget?

Ridinhi
5,000+ posts

CarAudio.com Veteran
Looking to buy a used car with mentioned budget. I want a 4 door sedan with as much interior space as possible. My wife,son, and , myself do road trips often. Need something reliable. Would love to have a v6 engine. Every 4 cylinder I see just don't cut it with horsepower. A couple of cars I had in mind was a 2014 Mazda 6, 2011(2.5 litre engine) Toyota Camry SE v6, and a 2014 Nissan Altima. Just tired of driving my thirsty Ford Expedition as a daily .

wow not 1 chevy in the bunch huh? camrys ok not as well made as they act same with altimas.. just fopr fin look on ebay at impalas and malibus.. smaller than u want but 2 yrs ago i got my wifes 2013 buick verano for $13k with 32k miles on it when they were selling for $24k new $18k used.. she loves it gets 28.5mpg has bt usb backup camera, auto window defrost, 18' wheels and all my car didn't have but it's 2.4l.. some of those malibus look nice for $12k or so.. shop ebay u can see everything and carvana good place they on ebay..

wow not 1 chevy in the bunch huh? camrys ok not as well made as they act same with altimas.. just fopr fin look on ebay at impalas and malibus.. smaller than u want but 2 yrs ago i got my wifes 2013 buick verano for $13k with 32k miles on it when they were selling for $24k new $18k used.. she loves it gets 28.5mpg has bt usb backup camera, auto window defrost, 18' wheels and all my car didn't have but it's 2.4l.. some of those malibus look nice for $12k or so.. shop ebay u can see everything and carvana good place they on ebay..
Lol, forgot to add the malibu in the equation. Prices are good but back seat space seems to be on the small side. Well, that's from just looking at pictures online. Never took the time to actually go look at one.

Looking to buy a used car with mentioned budget. I want a 4 door sedan with as much interior space as possible. My wife,son, and , myself do road trips often. Need something reliable. Would love to have a v6 engine. Every 4 cylinder I see just don't cut it with horsepower. A couple of cars I had in mind was a 2014 Mazda 6, 2011(2.5 litre engine��) Toyota Camry SE v6, and a 2014 Nissan Altima. Just tired of driving my thirsty Ford Expedition as a daily .
dont do trunks. Do a hatchback car. like a subaru hatchback or mazda 3 hatch. Those cars will smoke a camry and an altima in every way possible along with MUCH better sounding bass as well if you decide to put a system in it.

If you have to have a trunk car, honda over camry any day of the week. drove both, honda accord is way faster, more responsive and smoother quieter drive not to mention a bit better on gas mileage. The V4 accord smoked my friend's v6 camry when eco mode is off in sport drive. Altima is yuck in general lmao slow, loses to a civic and not to mention sound bass sounds like sh*t in those cars, they dont get loud unless you spend waaay more money than ever necessary. The amount of brute forcing your way into higher spl ranges with your wallet is normal in those cars.

wtf? those cars are JUNK
those junk cars go over 300k miles regularly mine has almost 100k on it and is just getting broken in., car and driver said the 3.8 was 1 of best motors ever made when new model gp came out.. but what do should we expect from a stupid chilld..

If you plan on keeping the car for a long period of time then get a Honda, Toyota, or Nissan. I like Honda Accords. Much more fun to drive than a Toyota Camry. Camrys are great, reliable cars. They are just boring...grandpa's car. I've driven a freind's Camry and "boring" is the proper word for the driving experience. The Nissan Altimas are fun cars. Tons of power, more than the Accord. They just don't have the fit and finish that I prefer. The manual transmission is not as refined as the Accord's.

That being said, if the best thing about driving is listening to the sound system, then you should probably get a hatchback, as previously stated. Wouldn't get a Mazda as a friend's son had one and had major, major issues with engine and transmission. Had to get a new engine from the dealer and had nothing but problems with the tranny. I've never been in a Subaru, so I cannot provide any input on that manufacturer. These are just my opinions.

I've been driving Accords since 1991 and have had no major issues. My current Accord is a 1991 that I have had for 10 years and the car is approaching 300,000 miles. Still has original clutch (5-speed) and engine. I did put in a new gas tank, recently. It's nickle and dimeing me a bit, but nothing serious, yet...knock on wood.

Just gonna add my .02 cents in. For reliability and resale value wise, can't go wrong w/ either a Honda or Toyota. But for me, personal preference wise, I stick w/ Toyotas. Hondas are great cars but for me at least, the A/C in those cars don't last long. My wife had a '93 Integra coupe and after a few years, the A/C took a dump and had to recharge the freon in the vehicle. S**ks having no A/C in Vegas during the middle of summer when it decides to go out on you. We then got a 2000 4 door Accord and after 2-3 years, same thing happened w/ the A/C, had to recharge the freon again. W/ my '02 4runner, the A/C is still going strong after owning it for 16 years. Never once had to recharge the freon on the thing. My wife has the '05 Sequoia and her A/C is still running great after owning it for 12+ years and haven't had to recharge the freon.

Family members and friends have also complained about Honda's A/Cs going out on them and having to recharge their A/C units after owning the vehicles after a couple of years. Not trying to dissuade you from purchasing a Honda, but I'd like to give you a heads up w/ a possible problem that I've noticed that Hondas have w/ their A/C. I will give it to Honda, they are a lot peppier than Toyotas and tend to be more fun to drive than a Toyota.

Also, have you thought about Buicks. Never really thought about American cars since I was more of a Toyota fan, but after driving around a Buick rental last year, I have to say, they are pretty nice w/ nice power. The commercial "That's a Buick" is so true. I was pleasantly surprised on the smooth ride and power of the Buick.

As far as acoustics goes for the vehicles, can't help you on that as I'm a noob when it comes to car audio.

Good luck w/ your search.

Edit: Also forgot to mention that my son has a 2002 Honda Accord coupe and when he received the vehicle as a gift from my wife's parents, the A/C wasn't working. The freon had to be recharged and the actual A/C unit had to be repaired.

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.