Doing an install in my 17 challenger scat pack, need some input...

Participant count
  • Participant list

8thGenSI
10+ year member

CarAudio.com Elite
Long time no see...

I bought a 2017 challenger scat pack with the 6 speaker alpine system(complete garbage). I'm going to try out the new idatalink maestro ar with the Kenwood Excelon XR600-6DSP to get rid of the crappy bass correction from the stock amplifier.

Here's what I'm trying to accomplish. I am not trying to build a crazy spl rig, I'm also trying to not go crazy in the sq department. I have chased both of those goals and it's just a never ending money pit. I'm looking to put together a well rounded system that I can rock out with. I'm looking for impact, I want symbols and snare drums to **** near hurt your ears like they would live.

The equipment list so far is:

-Stock head unit(this cannot be changed, to many functions run through this head unit).

-Idatalink maestro ar to get good signal to amps.

-Kenwood Excelon XR600-6DSP For front stage amp, thinking of bridging 2 channels for each door.

-Focal Performance 690AC In the doors

-For the dash I was just going to throw in some Memphis 3.5" coaxial that I have lying around in the garage.

-Rear speaker will be left alone for now.

-Sub stage will be a 12" w6v3 in the JL h/o box.

-Sub will be powered by a JL XD1000/1.

I thought about going components in the door but I'm just looking to get enjoy some rock/metal, not really looking to critically listen to classical music.

Let me know what you guys think.

I'll post some pics later.

Results are very dependent on location of speakers and deadening. A lot can also be done with processing though so might look into an outboard DSP or one of the head units that has those features built in.

W3 will not like 1000/1. Consider getting a stouter sub (w7 if you can find one at a good price) or running a pair if you really like the W3s.

Dude up here put up a 151.7 with a pair of 12w7 on two Sundown 2500s this past weekend.

Results are very dependent on location of speakers and deadening. A lot can also be done with processing though so might look into an outboard DSP or one of the head units that has those features built in.
W3 will not like 1000/1. Consider getting a stouter sub (w7 if you can find one at a good price) or running a pair if you really like the W3s.

Dude up here put up a 151.7 with a pair of 12w7 on two Sundown 2500s this past weekend.
He said W6. It will be fine

Wrong direction. I think you will be way better off with seperates.
One thing I considered was 6x9 separates but the midbass in the door and the tweeter in the dash is an awful lot of separation. I thought about 6.5" components but need to see if they will fit, a lot of people say they needed to go to 5.25" components because of clearance issues in the door.

One thing I considered was 6x9 separates but the midbass in the door and the tweeter in the dash is an awful lot of separation. I thought about 6.5" components but need to see if they will fit, a lot of people say they needed to go to 5.25" components because of clearance issues in the door.
as long as the tweeter can be crossed low enough its not an issue.

i prefer doing separates and a DSP any day over a component set passive. the DSPs are MUCH better now and are superior in most cases.

X-65 - Image Dynamics 6.5" High Definition Mid-Bass Drivers with Composite Rohacell Cone

excellent drivers for the money. built specifically for car audio. you have 6x9s in hte front door you can easily build and by an adaptor.

MT220 - Morel Silk 1.8" Soft-dome Tweeters

excellent wide bandwidth tweeter. can be crossed around 2200 which is plenty low.

Image Dynamics SQ800.4 4-Channel 800 Watts RMS SQ Series Amplifier

Image Dynamics SQ1200.1D Monoblock 1200 Watts RMS SQ Series Amplifier

IDMAX12 V.4 D2 - Image Dynamics 12" Dual 2-Ohm IDMAX V.4 Series Subwoofer

http://www.woofersetc.com/c-164-processors/c-188-sound-processors/cadence-dsp4-8-8-channel-cirrus-logic-powered-32-bit-core-192khz-digital-signal-processor-with-4-saved-settings.html

if you choose to keep your stock CD player which i highy suggest you throw that **** out hte window you need a OEM interface processor.

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.