Chaseinbass 96 GMC rebuild sort of ?

ChaseinBass

CarAudio.com Veteran
Calif
All my crap has been working for almost a year ? So I just gotta change it up some. So far this is my list.

1. First off remove most of it because I am getting rid of pop out quarter windows in the rear as they leak and flop all over the place when bass drops lol. So I gotta take it all out to get the interior panels out so I can take pop out window frames out and my glass guy will glue fixed windows in. Also add some deadener to those interior panels.

2. Add wiring for my alarm to add pin switches to tailgate and tool box as well as add glass breakage sensor and audio sensor that detects pressure change in cab if door or window is opened. And a few more tricks for security.

3 Rewiring mids and tweets to clean up wiring and adding 2pc xt60 connectors at every speaker so easier to remove and replace -not that you couldn't do that with other connectors but these looked cool so I got them. Add terminal blocks for each speaker run again easier for amp changes and maybe build a new amp rack and add an amp, maybe sundown 200.4 or another ppi 900.4 and bridge it like Jeff did and use it to power my 2 pr anarchy's. I may get a sound processor and go to a 3 way front stage but not sure just yet and if I can handle that lol . 4. Going to drop subs down to .5 I have been running the Taramps HD 15000 at 2 ohm so I should get a little more out of it at .5 or burn it the fug up lol !

5. Build my battery rack finally and add another battery, or maybe go lith batteries after first of the year. Add a lock down strap for tool box for better security.

6. Run three 0 gauge grounds from alternators to back battery bank and maybe new fuse block and move it. I have seen some cooler looking ones than mine.

7. Recover my door pods I made to house the anarchy's last year, glue is not holding in a couple spots.

8. Got to refinish A pillars as I have scratched a couple spots.

I will add pics from my phone in a separate post.

Last edited by a moderator:
4c3abb75766ee70578429f2e199360c6.jpg
68927558d8e62368955cc646c7a4a0e2.jpg
5105510c0a68c30e6ba08ce958bd7a9f.jpg
b743b1b3c76b567f4490afd63da23ddc.jpg
Got started making my new speaker leads and that's all I got done today.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

i like deans connectors the most, i have it on all my lipos, but i feel like all connectors are just too bulky for car audio besides spades.. but its your truck and if you have room i dont blame you at all

get a DSP, the 80prs is nice but i really like the dsp thing unless you hate using a laptop to tune. the ppi dsp88r has been good to me

and oh yeah put the ***** at .5 and add like 2-3 banks of caps. you'll be amazed how much louder it is

i like deans connectors the most, i have it on all my lipos, but i feel like all connectors are just too bulky for car audio besides spades.. but its your truck and if you have room i dont blame you at all
get a DSP, the 80prs is nice but i really like the dsp thing unless you hate using a laptop to tune. the ppi dsp88r has been good to me

and oh yeah put the ***** at .5 and add like 2-3 banks of caps. you'll be amazed how much louder it is
Oh ya ? I have often wondered about the ppi dsp88r, it had some bad press but I have heard quite a few people that like them too and its not too terribly expensive to give it a try. I am not that good of a tuner so laptop is no problem and I have one with me for work all the time anyways. As far as caps go what is 2-3 banks, instead of adding another battery or add both ? What do they cost and where do I get them ? I have never used them any articles on them ? I will search the web.

Got started tearing it apart and got most of it pulled out. Forgot subs are heavy AF especially in the position they are to get them out of box - just enough room between box and headliner and not easy to lift in that small area. And getting box out isn't real easy either.

57fbc0ab625c09f73e334582242d3080.jpg
363080f7c276b47f0b4d4d9b679b05d1.jpg

7fca6db2f66d2ce2246846703ce4d5fd.jpg

97e2432847ae30500727adf35ad9b672.jpg

75ec8e0c60fd596ae9f8592e8c190be0.jpg
a30d56ecbd3c88480db31ae52b8108c7.jpg

How do coils look ? Seems like they look the same as when I put them in. Tomorrow I am going to try to get quarter window pop out frames out and windows glued in stationary. And get some wiring done too.

Oh ya ? I have often wondered about the ppi dsp88r, it had some bad press but I have heard quite a few people that like them too and its not too terribly expensive to give it a try. I am not that good of a tuner so laptop is no problem and I have one with me for work all the time anyways. As far as caps go what is 2-3 banks, instead of adding another battery or add both ? What do they cost and where do I get them ? I have never used them any articles on them ? I will search the web.
coils look like stock psi coils to me, no scorching on the paper part of the coil so im sure its just fine

caps are just a really great way to help maintain good voltage at the amp because they handle surge current much much much better than any battery besides lipos of course (which still dont beat caps but they are better than caps imo).

theyre about $300 for a new bank of 6, and $150-250 for a used bank with the copper straps. only get maxwell or xs power caps the 3000f 2.5v-3v per cap version. theyre basically a huge buffer for massive current draw, instead of immediate delving into battery territory and dropping 2v, you might drop a tenth of a volt and slowly go down to battery voltages.

its important you have the alternator output to back it up, they love a lot of charging current, but it is also possible that you could drop one batt and go caps in its place. they are somewhat small. guy over on caco lunchbox has like 8 banks? and hits 160s with uhh 2 tfes? idr lol

Well started on my quarter window project and turns out I was correct and the pop out frames are glued in just like most glass but you gotta cut them out lol not for the faint of heart ! I used a saws all to cut most of it away and cut the rest away with a razor knife cleaned it all up and layed a bead of caulk and stuck it in and easy as that. I should gain 3 db just from the lack of window flap ha ha and more importantly it will be much quieter inside . Now I just gotta go do the other side and it will go faster now that I know what to do.
2cb6231102743f672028769800269ca8.jpg

8629bdb921494e0ff7700d86f97248b6.jpg
059aa6625dedfc6e76078fd99a94b4da.jpg
eda4ae7f25ce76fbf17dd5298a61b96a.jpg

Something I should have done a long time ago !

Thanks but Mine is not happy with it lol getting cleaned up and adding another amp and maybe a sound processor. Got the other side window in and all came out pretty good, other than my hands, that windshield glue is some nasty stuff my hands are black even after washing them with acetone and even tried gas and still won't come off! Should have used latex gloves since i have a box Smh lol

0dc2f263529ff9321d52b4836a34f4cb.jpg
1e9e2fcafa28646c04ffd0d8fe8ad44f.jpg

I got my alarm cleaned up and added another shock sensor for a total of two and also got a ultrasonic sensor that is two stage so if I leave a window down and you start to reach in it will give a warning first and if not stopped alarm goes off and it really works well. I also added a glass breakage / audio sensor it really works nice turned all the way up you can just rattle your keys outside the truck with windows up and goes off and it's two stage as well . I mounted the mic for it just under the dash but the ultrasonic sensor had two Mics, one for each side to mount on A pillars but I want to flush mount them into me speaker pods in my pillars. I will work on that next and will have pics. I forgot to takes pics today but I guess it's probably not too smart to post your alarm and where everything is in the truck lol. I still gotta put pin switches in the tool box and under the hood too, maybe tomorrow. May also get my hidden ignition kill switch done too.

I ended up screwing mine shut on the latch..plasti dipped solid black..got some of that aluminum one side 1" foam insulation and wedged that in the window cavity, and made a 3/4"plywood frame to cover the window with,,screwed in place..plastidipped all rear windows.. same on 3rd door..built a wood frame all way to ceiling and sealed the back off too with 3/4 ply.all windows insulated and sealed off in rear.

have you tried subs forward port up at the back of the box? I had excellent results with that configuration,,

---------- Post added at 11:00 PM ---------- Previous post was at 10:59 PM ----------

i like it man. really good work. id like to hear it..

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.

About this thread

ChaseinBass

CarAudio.com Veteran
ChaseinBass
Calif
Start date
Participants
Who Replied
Replies
Views
Last reply date
Last reply from