Thoughts on skar audio amps

i just recommended it less than hour ago on another thread., peeps run them with no problems., some peeps dont like the owner but products have pretty big following..
Yeah I heard that the owner is an a** but I don't care about that. I just care if the product is good and better than the hifonics goliath 2400.1d amp I have now

Yeah I heard that the owner is an a** but I don't care about that. I just care if the product is good and better than the hifonics goliath 2400.1d amp I have now
Some people have a different opinion on that, going with another brand and not support that guy or his brand just because of the crap that went on several years ago online. Good products? Yes, but as I said, some people choose not to support him/his brand.

Some people have a different opinion on that, going with another brand and not support that guy or his brand just because of the crap that went on several years ago online. Good products? Yes, but as I said, some people choose not to support him/his brand.
I fully understand and I support those people that choose not to support him.

Team members were getting bstock stuff as "new"

Kevin tried to not pay up when i beat the main skar demo car in a contest on youtube (after much flak, he finally did actually end up paying me the 300$ prize)

Jacob helped him with the vvx v1 and ivx v1, after that Kevin just started ripping off jacobs designs

Other **** too. This isnt hearsay. I was on Team Skar back in 2010/2011.

Team members were getting bstock stuff as "new"Kevin tried to not pay up when i beat the main skar demo car in a contest on youtube (after much flak, he finally did actually end up paying me the 300$ prize)

Jacob helped him with the vvx v1 and ivx v1, after that Kevin just started ripping off jacobs designs

Other **** too. This isnt hearsay. I was on Team Skar back in 2010/2011.
oh man, thats some pretty low stuff to do as a company IMO. Jacob is the Sundown Audio guy, right?

Yes, Jacob from Sundown

The sk v1 amps were outstanding. Im concerned that Kevin has switched some boards for v2 series. I just dont trust Kevin to go to a better board. I feel like if he did it, it was a cost saving move. I could be wrong.

I sometimes suggest skar when ppl are on a dirt cheap budget, because frankly, they have some really cheap lines that do ok. But i'll never suggest it when someone has sundown, dc, dd budget

Yes, Jacob from Sundown
The sk v1 amps were outstanding. Im concerned that Kevin has switched some boards for v2 series. I just dont trust Kevin to go to a better board. I feel like if he did it, it was a cost saving move. I could be wrong.

I sometimes suggest skar when ppl are on a dirt cheap budget, because frankly, they have some really cheap lines that do ok. But i'll never suggest it when someone has sundown, dc, dd budget
understood and makes perfect sense. What do you think about the zapco dc series? specifically the 1000.4?

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.