Mega Roll and upper bass

XxAndreaxX

spain
Hello, I switched from an 8" 110RMS sub to a sundown X8 750RMS, both sharing the same enclosure.

Found out, even if the first sub has at least 1/7th of the power rating, the upper bass sounds even stronger.

maybe becuse, the actual X8 woofer surface is more like a 6 inch or even 5 (the rest is foam of surround).

For me its not a problem, I don't like upper bass anyways, but maybe someone could miss it.

Hello, I switched from an 8" 110RMS sub to a sundown X8 750RMS, both sharing the same enclosure.Found out, even if the first sub has at least 1/7th of the power rating, the upper bass sounds even stronger.

maybe becuse, the actual X8 woofer surface is more like a 6 inch or even 5 (the rest is foam of surround).

For me its not a problem, I don't like upper bass anyways, but maybe someone could miss it.
the x8 just doesnt like upper bass at all even if you order it without the mega roll surround. Even though people say it plays it fine and recommends them for someone that wants to play rock/metal... its fking hilarious how delusional they are.

the x8 just doesnt like upper bass at all even if you order it without the mega roll surround. Even though people say it plays it fine and recommends them for someone that wants to play rock/metal... its fking hilarious how delusional they are.
So false. The x8 is more SPL woofer and the SA is for lower/daily use... I'm not a fan of the X8 but I do like the SA 8

I bet that lower power sub can not play as low as the sundown

If you stick a low power high qts sub in a small ported box it will preform well

Suffocate that x8 in a small box and it won't

What size is your enclosure and what is your port size

Not that it will magically become amazing but you could be leaving a lot of output or bandwidth on the table

So false. The x8 is more SPL woofer and the SA is for lower/daily use... I'm not a fan of the X8 but I do like the SA 8
spl woofer or not doesnt have anything to do with lack of upper bass bandwidth. So far none of the X8 installs i've heard can play anything other than bass genres 30-50hz.

spl woofer or not doesnt have anything to do with lack of upper bass bandwidth. So far none of the X8 installs i've heard can play anything other than bass genres 30-50hz.
they bottom heavy. put them in a small higher tuned box helps but they are naturally efficiency down low.. one of the downfalls of the design..

The X8 will play everything and is not bottom end heavy. So as stated above if the OP having problems with the way it sounds it's most likely the box and under powered. I would still pick an SA8 over an X8 any day of the week.

The X8 will play everything and is not bottom end heavy. So as stated above if the OP having problems with the way it sounds it's most likely the box and under powered. I would still pick an SA8 over an X8 any day of the week.
the guy i know that run it has a pair on sundown saz 2500 at half ohm, box tuned to 3 cube 33hz. They tried to shrink the box and ended up at 2.5 cubes 38hz slightly helped but still overly weak upper bass response compared to their previous JL and shok industries subs. Its loud as balls for decaf etc but he hates that he cant play classic rock or spanish music. And yes even with lots of attempts at retuning the gain and EQ he still cant get them to play the range needed. While his old subs, all he needed was to raise the sub level by a few notches and he got what he needed.

the guy i know that run it has a pair on sundown saz 2500 at half ohm, box tuned to 3 cube 33hz. They tried to shrink the box and ended up at 2.5 cubes 38hz slightly helped but still overly weak upper bass response compared to their previous JL and shok industries subs. Its loud as balls for decaf etc but he hates that he cant play classic rock or spanish music. And yes even with lots of attempts at retuning the gain and EQ he still cant get them to play the range needed. While his old subs, all he needed was to raise the sub level by a few notches and he got what he needed.
2.5cubes seems big of your not trying for lows. More like .75cubes per

Jacob has said himself that the sa8 is more suited to low frequency reproduction than the x8.

Also, Jacob suggests .75 for the x8. Using boxes that much larger than suggested is going to pull resonance down.

I know what you are talking about tho. I heard 2 x8 in almost 3 cubes tuned at 32, and it basically only played 25-40

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.

About this thread

XxAndreaxX
spain
Start date
Participants
Who Replied
Replies
Views
Last reply date
Last reply from
XxAndreaxX
IMG_0632.jpg