Weld wire 1/0 vs. reg power wire 1/0

Boomin_tahoe
5,000+ posts

Hurtin' feelings errrday.
WA
Alright so prob a dumb question, and a little late to be asking but gonna anyway. I have heard/read somewhere that the welding wire size of equal gauge thickness to that of reg power wire to amps, is a tad smaller. I recently replaced my 2 gauge with 1/0 and is welding cable. I'm not running much power so I think I'm ok but wanted some other feedback. Will I be ok with this or should I have stepped it up to 2/0?

Included a few pics...

Ill chime in

I use 0 gauge excelene welding cable

works great for sure esp. For the price vs pro audio type cable

welding cable has less strands of actual wire within,where the pro audio(pricey stuff) has more strands...

I've Never had ANY problem with any welding cables not holding up to any load I've put on it...Ever!

The stuff ur running is the exact same as I've run in several set ups.....I think you are absolutely fine...I would not worry a bit...

Easy to see if you pulling too much through it...It will get real warm.....I don't believe you'll have any issues

I've run a Sundown 4k,full out on the same stuff with No issues at all

Ill chime inI use 0 gauge excelene welding cable

works great for sure esp. For the price vs pro audio type cable

welding cable has less strands of actual wire within,where the pro audio(pricey stuff) has more strands...

I've Never had ANY problem with any welding cables not holding up to any load I've put on it...Ever!

The stuff ur running is the exact same as I've run in several set ups.....I think you are absolutely fine...I would not worry a bit...

Easy to see if you pulling too much through it...It will get real warm.....I don't believe you'll have any issues

I've run a Sundown 4k,full out on the same stuff with No issues at all
Exact stuff I'm using. Tough to see in pics but it's the same.

I see...

---------- Post added at 05:36 AM ---------- Previous post was at 05:35 AM ----------

After discussing wire for a weak with dumbest you still haven't grasped it..
Wtf? Why are you here. get out....like the movie.

I have

8 runs of eb flex 3/0

3 runs of knu 1/0

3 runs of telco 4/0

Eb flex is best bang for buck, if you have facebook they update pricing monthly and have weekly sales, got my 3/0 for like 3.11 a foot. Welding cable all day

That's all I ever use is welding wire.

Was just cleaning out my garage and seen some 1/0 CCA garbage wire about 14 inches picked it up and felt like air lol. Picked up a 4 inch piece of 1/0 welding cable and weighed more haha.

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.