Vent noise problems

Participant count
  • Participant list

XxAndreaxX

spain
Hello, I have the following problem:

the sub is too big and powerful for the enclosure.

I can't change the enclosure, I can't change the sub. I can't make the vent hole bigger.

Now I've tried both sealed and ported. Ported sounds still good but much stronger.

My problem is, the vent hole is too small, so at higher pressure, I hear some noise of the air.

My solution was to put another vent into the box, but the calculator tells me, both vent lenght are much longer now. so if I put another hole in it, should both tubes be longer, in order to keep same tuning freq??

thanks

Hello, I have the following problem:the sub is too big and powerful for the enclosure.

I can't change the enclosure, I can't change the sub. I can't make the vent hole bigger.

Now I've tried both sealed and ported. Ported sounds still good but much stronger.

My problem is, the vent hole is too small, so at higher pressure, I hear some noise of the air.

My solution was to put another vent into the box, but the calculator tells me, both vent lenght are much longer now. so if I put another hole in it, should both tubes be longer, in order to keep same tuning freq??

thanks
Yes. For more port area the port must be longer to get the same tuning.

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.