My in car measurements

Participant count
  • Participant list
Using a Dayton Audio imm-6 mic and my Galaxy s7 to take the measurements of pink noise. This is something that is pretty new for me. I took 2 screenshots. 1 with the bass knob all the way down, and one with it all the way up. In either case I'm peaking in the 44-47 Hz range. Cabin gain I guess?? But what I find weird is with the bass knob down, you start to see the roll off of the mid bass, then a spike in the 25hz range. Any idea what that is?

Using a Dayton Audio imm-6 mic and my Galaxy s7 to take the measurements of pink noise. This is something that is pretty new for me. I took 2 screenshots. 1 with the bass knob all the way down, and one with it all the way up. In either case I'm peaking in the 44-47 Hz range. Cabin gain I guess?? But what I find weird is with the bass knob down, you start to see the roll off of the mid bass, then a spike in the 25hz range. Any idea what that is?
First-timers guide to measuring your system - Car Audio | DiyMobileAudio.com | Car Stereo Forum

https://www.minidsp.com/products/acoustic-measurement/umik-1

That's actually a good FR brother. turn the sub gain down a hair to where your average matches the average of the rest of the FR then cut where needed.. make some cute on the mids between 80 and 400 it will clean that slightly muffled /muddy sound if there is any..

chances are its harmonic distortion with the level increased..

That's actually a good FR brother. turn the sub gain down a hair to where your average matches the average of the rest of the FR then cut where needed.. make some cute on the mids between 80 and 400 it will clean that slightly muffled /muddy sound if there is any..
Thanks. I'll give that a try. I do have eq, but only for my mid bass and subs. My dash speakers and tweeters are ran off the factory system. Just an educated guess, but I think my mid bass is playing up to around 200-300 hz where the dash speakers take over. I don't know the exact LP crossover point of the mid bass because I'm running off the Bose front door signal. The stock Bose system only gives me treble and bass controls and I just leave them in the middle. But I'm gonna try some cuts in the area you mentioned and see how it sounds

Thanks. I'll give that a try. I do have eq, but only for my mid bass and subs. My dash speakers and tweeters are ran off the factory system. Just an educated guess, but I think my mid bass is playing up to around 200-300 hz where the dash speakers take over. I don't know the exact LP crossover point of the mid bass because I'm running off the Bose front door signal. The stock Bose system only gives me treble and bass controls and I just leave them in the middle. But I'm gonna try some cuts in the area you mentioned and see how it sounds
at this point yo might be better off using your phone and downloading a built in EQ over using the stereo. at least 320kbps and a lil 12 band EQ will make a big difference. can you connect your phone to your cd player via usb?

at this point yo might be better off using your phone and downloading a built in EQ over using the stereo. at least 320kbps and a lil 12 band EQ will make a big difference. can you connect your phone to your cd player via usb?
My source is Spotify from my phone via aux. Can't run Spotify over usb. Plus with aux, my phone has UHQ upscaler which sounds much better than Bluetooth. It also does have a built in 7 band eq and I've tried it, but I always end up just putting it back to flat. I'm actually pretty happy with the midrange and highs though.

My source is Spotify from my phone via aux. Can't run Spotify over usb. Plus with aux, my phone has UHQ upscaler which sounds much better than Bluetooth. It also does have a built in 7 band eq and I've tried it, but I always end up just putting it back to flat. I'm actually pretty happy with the midrange and highs though.
When you use an eq it's almost never a good idea to boost always cut the peaks..

When you use an eq it's almost never a good idea to boost always cut the peaks..
Agreed. Especially on a phone eq. It ends up attenuating the signal. With my external eq I had to boost the bass. Factory system rolls it off. I used a multi meter to adjust eq and set gain. Basically trying to get as close to my target voltage from 25hz to 80 Hz. I'm sure that's not the best method of doing that though.

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.