Kenwood KAC-9106d

Participant count
  • Participants list
I know its an older amp that is affordable but I think it deserves recognition. I have been running it in my truck powering 2 Sundown Audio sa12 d2's and I have pushed it to the limit without it cutting out, powering off or overheating. It has been a very reliable amp. I clamped it the other day to check to see what I was really getting from it, I got 726 watts @ 12v. Not what I expected but sounds great nonetheless. Also I have them ran in parellel

You are wired to 0.5 and only clamping 700w? For a 175$ amp i'll pass.

I will say, im surprised its surviving 0.5

I know its an older amp that is affordable but I think it deserves recognition. I have been running it in my truck powering 2 Sundown Audio sa12 d2's and I have pushed it to the limit without it cutting out, powering off or overheating. It has been a very reliable amp. I clamped it the other day to check to see what I was really getting from it, I got 726 watts @ 12v. Not what I expected but sounds great nonetheless. Also I have them ran in parellel
that's way better than we thought, can't believe it does that at 12v, got my ppi because it was tested to do 938rms @ 2ohm that's 14v..

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...

About this thread

Cassix

Cassix
Seattle,WA
Start date
Participants
Who Replied
Replies
Views
Last reply date