Low budget 15s maybe 12s? Not sure what I want....

kicker
10+ year member

GIT-R-DONE
auburn ne
Hey I'm looking into buying a set of 15s or 12s, that I will be running off of a hifonics brz1700.1d at 1ohm, in a 2006 impala, roughly 3ftx3ftx17h for space just a daily setup nothing for numbers or comps just want it to be good I listen to a little bit of everything, i might just go sealed possibly ported if I can make it work I like the lows so por ted would be best, but I'm not sure what to get.

I was thinking sundown e series or sa15s but idk I'm open to suggestions on something else, e series pricing is more comfortable than the sa's, anyone running dark audio? Hell audiopipe idc lol give me some ideas or what you wold use keeping it under 400$ for the pair would be nice. Thanks

Hey I'm looking into buying a set of 15s or 12s, that I will be running off of a hifonics brz1700.1d at 1ohm, in a 2006 impala, roughly 3ftx3ftx17h for space just a daily setup nothing for numbers or comps just want it to be good I listen to a little bit of everything, i might just go sealed possibly ported if I can make it work I like the lows so por ted would be best, but I'm not sure what to get.I was thinking sundown e series or sa15s but idk I'm open to suggestions on something else, e series pricing is more comfortable than the sa's, anyone running dark audio? Hell audiopipe idc lol give me some ideas or what you wold use keeping it under 400$ for the pair would be nice. Thanks
2 pioneers like mine be loud but of course sa be better just don't know if they be louder on that power., the Ev3 15 b stocks (car audio bargain.com) would be like $260 pr.. my champ pro pioneers use small ported box 1.5-2 cf, 1.65 is fine and u can get 2 of those for $140 eaby they loud 96db mirrored spiders 600rms (i'm running 938)

B2 IS series, for the money, hard to top, IS12 in photo, 2x IS15 looks like it will work in your airspace limitations

18620270_1916518165257164_6165598653158861376_n.jpg

Save some space.

Single sub setup and give it all that amp.

Ampere Audio AA-3.0v2

AA Chaos/SSA Icon

IA Lethal Injection

Soundqubed HDC3

Crescendo Forte

DC Level 4

Droppin HZ Hotel (exo did a good build with a 12)

Thats what I would do, you can also do a pair of lower powered subs.

E-Series / SA Series

SQ HDS2 / HDS3

NVX VCW

AB XFL

I just checked out cab, and they have sa's for a good price too, I just can't make a choice on anything lol,
yeah I was gonna suggest just going with 1 sub and that's b2 Is sub right there is nice, they like $180 for 12 $190 for a 15 rated at 750 but will take much more cone on it looks like sa (stitched surround) basket looks like dc audio, nice I'm thinking about getting one..

I've kinda narrowed it down to saying screw the 15s and just going with two c.a.b 12s and calling it a day, most cost effective and easier to fit in a trunk than the 15s

Hey I'm looking into buying a set of 15s or 12s, that I will be running off of a hifonics brz1700.1d at 1ohm, in a 2006 impala, roughly 3ftx3ftx17h for space just a daily setup nothing for numbers or comps just want it to be good I listen to a little bit of everything, i might just go sealed possibly ported if I can make it work I like the lows so por ted would be best, but I'm not sure what to get.I was thinking sundown e series or sa15s but idk I'm open to suggestions on something else, e series pricing is more comfortable than the sa's, anyone running dark audio? Hell audiopipe idc lol give me some ideas or what you wold use keeping it under 400$ for the pair would be nice. Thanks
Or, you could do one beefier 15 in a nice box. I'd sell you one of my Soundrive 15's for $300. You'll have plenty of space for a nice low tuned ported box and $100 left over in your budget for supplies. They're dual 2 ohm, so they're perfect for the BRZ 1700.

http://www.caraudio.com/forums/subwoofer-classifieds/632101-8-soundrive-15s-fs.html

IMG_20160715_181313_856_zpschmocvti.jpg

Idk about the single sub idea, I've never really ran a setup like that I figure more cone areas better than less? Idk tho I just want it loud and low on what power i do have i know it's not much for how much everyone runs now days but I don't feel like haveing to have all the extra electrical upgrade that come with more power. But u will think about this idea if you still have them in a.week or so

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.