Delete

Can't go wrong with anything Fi build, love the Team AA but its out of your range here

Why not just call them, see what they recommend as best for your needs? find out first how much enclosure space you can spare though and what your goals are

I just brought the team v2's, and so far they are great. I'm still doing tuning and doing some adjustments. If you have proper enclosure space your going to get loud if you want lowz get the sp4.

Fi makes good product. If you're in a hurry, shop elsewhere, they are known for slow build times.
Yeah you rite about build time but it'll be worth it. I ordered the teams and it took a while to get them.

the Q neo is the next step up for the older Q. its going to have that good tonal sound with more power handling. if you loved the Q look no further. its going to be louder than the SP4 and team until you get into the 4kw region. a solid 2500 will and it will POUND..

if you want alot of output and have less than 3kw get the BLv3

if you want to compete get the BTL neo

if you can get your hands of a solid 4kw or more a want a street beat woofer the SP4 is beast.

Can't go wrong with anything Fi build, love the Team AA but its out of your range here
Why not just call them, see what they recommend as best for your needs? find out first how much enclosure space you can spare though and what your goals are
Yea I was thinking of doing that once I am ready to purchase this next set up. I have enough room for about 2.5-3 cu ft enclosure.

I just brought the team v2's, and so far they are great. I'm still doing tuning and doing some adjustments. If you have proper enclosure space your going to get loud if you want lowz get the sp4.
Yea those team v2's look like monsters. Way too much power then what I am looking for. But the sp4 I am definitely considering as an option.

Yea, its my top choice right now. Looks like an incredible sub from what Iv'e seen and read.

Fi makes good product. If you're in a hurry, shop elsewhere, they are known for slow build times.
Yea I remember when I bought the older Q, it took some time but not too worried about that. Thanks for the info though!

i have a btl neo 12,it sound realy good and more punchy than the m'y Q
Oh okay, good to know. Appreciate your feedback!

the Q neo is the next step up for the older Q. its going to have that good tonal sound with more power handling. if you loved the Q look no further. its going to be louder than the SP4 and team until you get into the 4kw region. a solid 2500 will and it will POUND..
if you want alot of output and have less than 3kw get the BLv3

if you want to compete get the BTL neo

if you can get your hands of a solid 4kw or more a want a street beat woofer the SP4 is beast.
I appreciate all the info you provided. My question to you, how do these compare to the Zv.5 ? My heart is set on it because I have owned the Zv.4 previously and I have to say, I miss that **** sub. It was a beast.

Yea I was thinking of doing that once I am ready to purchase this next set up. I have enough room for about 2.5-3 cu ft enclosure.

Yea those team v2's look like monsters. Way too much power then what I am looking for. But the sp4 I am definitely considering as an option.

Yea, its my top choice right now. Looks like an incredible sub from what Iv'e seen and read.

Yea I remember when I bought the older Q, it took some time but not too worried about that. Thanks for the info though!

Oh okay, good to know. Appreciate your feedback!

I appreciate all the info you provided. My question to you, how do these compare to the Zv.5 ? My heart is set on it because I have owned the Zv.4 previously and I have to say, I miss that **** sub. It was a beast.
From a topology stand point or from a performance standpoint?

Both, but more on performance.
The Z5 uses whats called a long gap long coil(lglc) design and longer winding length coils whit larger top-plate they also using shorting rings in the motors to stabilize parameter shifts and increase thermal power compression. They also use spaced spiders to decrease rocking on the coil and a very deep cone profile.. the result is a very linear and stable excursion profile with increased low frequency extension and output. These woofer will work nicely in a variety of enclosures and naturally have a smoother more laid back tonality. they aren't your typical high output woofers that sound punchy or overdampend they are excellent sounding woofers that LOVE THE LOWS..

The FI Q is obviously built around a very strong motor using a thinner top-plate. I wouldn't say its a LCSG(long coil short gap) but the B/L profile is different and its has the advantage to use a shorter coil for a given stroke lower moving mass and increasing sensitivity but increases inductance. it too has good cooling but lack the shorting ring and the high efficiency that you would get around 30hz like the z but it will have a stronger up frequency output and the tonality will be abit more aggressive.

All in all its about what you want. if you want something thats super loud down low and sound excellent the Z5 is a MONSTER. if you want something a tad more balanced and more efficent above 45-70hz the FI Q is a EXCELLENT option. nether one will sound bad. you can make the FI bottom heavy and the SD super punchy. they are both versatile but naturally like i said they have a slightly different build and are slightly better in certain areas. there is no way on earth to say one is better than the other they are both tremendous designs and id be happy to own either one.

The Z5 uses whats called a long gap long coil(lglc) design and longer winding length coils whit larger top-plate they also using shorting rings in the motors to stabilize parameter shifts and increase thermal power compression. They also use spaced spiders to decrease rocking on the coil and a very deep cone profile.. the result is a very linear and stable excursion profile with increased low frequency extension and output. These woofer will work nicely in a variety of enclosures and naturally have a smoother more laid back tonality. they aren't your typical high output woofers that sound punchy or overdampend they are excellent sounding woofers that LOVE THE LOWS..
The FI Q is obviously built around a very strong motor using a thinner top-plate. I wouldn't say its a LCSG(long coil short gap) but the B/L profile is different and its has the advantage to use a shorter coil for a given stroke lower moving mass and increasing sensitivity but increases inductance. it too has good cooling but lack the shorting ring and the high efficiency that you would get around 30hz like the z but it will have a stronger up frequency output and the tonality will be abit more aggressive.

All in all its about what you want. if you want something thats super loud down low and sound excellent the Z5 is a MONSTER. if you want something a tad more balanced and more efficent above 45-70hz the FI Q is a EXCELLENT option. nether one will sound bad. you can make the FI bottom heavy and the SD super punchy. they are both versatile but naturally like i said they have a slightly different build and are slightly better in certain areas. there is no way on earth to say one is better than the other they are both tremendous designs and id be happy to own either one.
Thank you for your descriptive response. Now that I have some more knowledge on the Zv.5 and the Q, I am going to contact Fi Audio about the other Fi models I mentioned. Got some decision making to do. Again, I appreciate the help!

Thank you for your descriptive response. Now that I have some more knowledge on the Zv.5 and the Q, I am going to contact Fi Audio about the other Fi models I mentioned. Got some decision making to do. Again, I appreciate the help!
The SP is similar to the nightshade which is basically a V5 on roids //content.invisioncic.com/y282845/emoticons/smile.gif.1ebc41e1811405b213edfc4622c41e27.gif

Last edited by a moderator:
Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.

About this thread

delete

Delete
delete
Delete
Start date
Participants
Who Replied
Replies
Views
Last reply date
Last reply from