Recommendations for amp on motorcycle

Participant count
  • Participant list

dman4486
5,000+ posts

RememberedHowToChangethis
Good afternoon all,

Been a while since I've posted here. I have a new project I am trying to get off the ground and haven't kept up with the latest trends/technology. I am wanting to replace the speakers and add an amp to my 2015 Victory Cross Country. I will be up-sizing from 5.25 to 6.5 front stage and have chosen these pioneers: TS-D1602R - 6½" 2-Way Speaker | Pioneer Electronics USA from Amazon for $70. I was looking into this amplifier at a local shop: Powersports Xtreme Bluetooth Amplifier - Phoenix Gold

My requirements for the Amp are as follows:

1. must be waterproof

2. must have high lvl input

3. SQ....I prefer flat response to SPL but need enough to overcome hwy winds.

4. speakers are rated @ 60WRMS and I usually upsize the amp slightly as you can always turn the voltage down.

5. 2 channel as I will not be upgrading or running the trunk speakers frequently.

Any additional info that would be useful, just ask.

Thanks.

Digital Designs markets there D series amps for bikes. They meet your needs. Give up the flat response, it's a bike.
The D4 looks promising. They don't mention anything about waterproofing at all on the web site though. I do like the price per watt!

240x2 @4ohm for $279 MSRP is better than anything I've looked at thus far.

Good afternoon all,
Been a while since I've posted here. I have a new project I am trying to get off the ground and haven't kept up with the latest trends/technology. I am wanting to replace the speakers and add an amp to my 2015 Victory Cross Country. I will be up-sizing from 5.25 to 6.5 front stage and have chosen these pioneers: TS-D1602R - 6½" 2-Way Speaker | Pioneer Electronics USA from Amazon for $70. I was looking into this amplifier at a local shop: Powersports Xtreme Bluetooth Amplifier - Phoenix Gold

My requirements for the Amp are as follows:

1. must be waterproof

2. must have high lvl input

3. SQ....I prefer flat response to SPL but need enough to overcome hwy winds.

4. speakers are rated @ 60WRMS and I usually upsize the amp slightly as you can always turn the voltage down.

5. 2 channel as I will not be upgrading or running the trunk speakers frequently.

Any additional info that would be useful, just ask.

Thanks.
hey I forgot ct sounds has some mini amps for bikes, idk f the water proof check the out..

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.