Where can I order a custom serpentine belt for HO alt?

Participant count
  • Participant list
The parts store i went to when I got quad alts ordered me a custom belt. Any auto parts store should be able to order you a custom length belt. It only took two days for me to get mine too, which surprised me.

Otherwise, you could get a larger than stock idler pulley, or a smaller than stock idler pulley and get the 2" shorter belt.

Yea this too /\ @adulbrich
I have seen issues with certain models where there is not already the shorter size in production, and they want a ton of money to make a new size, an unreal amount of money, VW's for example on some models, double sided belt, theres no options for certain models available at all and to make a completely new one not in production is unreal expensive

The parts store i went to when I got quad alts ordered me a custom belt. Any auto parts store should be able to order you a custom length belt. It only took two days for me to get mine too, which surprised me.
Otherwise, you could get a larger than stock idler pulley, or a smaller than stock idler pulley and get the 2" shorter belt.
I thought so too, I asked each one if they custom order or know where to find one... None of TH m could help me.

How would I select a smaller idler pulley?

I thought so too, I asked each one if they custom order or know where to find one... None of TH m could help me.
How would I select a smaller idler pulley?
With an 07 frontier, there might not be any. You'll have to do some searching online.

I'm surprised you couldn't get a custom belt. I got a custom belt for my 2007 Silverado. They could do anything in half inch increments. It ended up being ridiculously long for four alternators, but only cost me $80

With an 07 frontier, there might not be any. You'll have to do some searching online.
I'm surprised you couldn't get a custom belt. I got a custom belt for my 2007 Silverado. They could do anything in half inch increments. It ended up being ridiculously long for four alternators, but only cost me $80
Yeah I was too since many people pointed me to my local autozone. I specifically asked each one of i can special order one. All they did was punch in different size belt numbers

---------- Post added at 10:34 PM ---------- Previous post was at 10:33 PM ----------

Part: 7PK2190
Should work for your needs.

Edit: Dayco part # 5070862
Tyvm! I will search the web tomorrow //content.invisioncic.com/y282845/emoticons/smile.gif.1ebc41e1811405b213edfc4622c41e27.gif

Yeah I was too since many people pointed me to my local autozone. I specifically asked each one of i can special order one. All they did was punch in different size belt numbers 

---------- Post added at 10:34 PM ---------- Previous post was at 10:33 PM ----------

Tyvm! I will search the web tomorrow //content.invisioncic.com/y282845/emoticons/smile.gif.1ebc41e1811405b213edfc4622c41e27.gif
No problem. Your current belt specs:

Number Of Ribs: 7

Width (In): 0.947 Inch

Outside Circumference (In): 87.280 Inch

The belt I mentioned:

Outside Circumference (In): 86.220 Inch

So it's roughly 1" shorter. The next size down I could locate would be 85.xx inches and be a tad shorter.

Hopefully this helps.

No problem. Your current belt specs:Number Of Ribs: 7

Outside Circumference (In): 87.280 Inch

The belt I mentioned:

Outside Circumference (In): 86.220 Inch

So it's roughly 1" shorter. The next size down I could locate would be 85.xx inches and be a tad shorter.

Hopefully this helps.
Finally got around to installing the belt. It was very tight but I got it on. My only concern is the bounce I get on the pulley, is it something to worry about?

I would double check where your tensioner is at when installed. They have a range they are supposed to be in, and if it was a tight fit, you may be putting too much tension on the pulleys, which could potentially damage them. I ran into the same problem as you and the only option I could find was a tight fit as well, but I still had a little play on the belt so I thought I was good. Well, it actually wound up bending the pulley on the alt, which caused it to break right off. The belt, being intact, didn't just get spit out like a broken belt would. Instead it got wrapped around components, broke the tensioner, destroyed idler pulley, and did some damage to my ground cable, fan shroud, and fuel line. After that, I found out what the acceptable range of travel for the tensioner was and shopped around until I found a belt which put the tensioner in that range.

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.

About this thread

West1

10+ year member
Senior VIP Member
West1
Los Angeles,Ca
Start date
Participants
Who Replied
Replies
Views
Last reply date