Is this setup good????????

sn03

Master of WannaBe
hey all!!!!!!

I am planning a custom audio setup for our upcoming WagonR VXI. It's as follows-

1. SONY CDX-G3150UV -head unit

2. SONY XS-FB162E (mega bass) -rear speakers

3. SONY XS-N6950 -front speaker

4. JBL GTO19T (2 pairs) -front and back

5. PIONEER TS-WX305B -subwoofer under driver seat

6. SONY XM-N1004 -amplifier for sub, driving using all channels, 80 hz LPF

also, I'm going to drive all speakers & tweeters from HU, and sub using amp.

please suggest if it is a good setup. I'm gonna have a tight budget:crying:.

WHY do you say that????//content.invisioncic.com/y282845/emoticons/confused.gif.e820e0216602db4765798ac39d28caa9.gif
my buddy lives in india, all the quality stuff he mentioned for was extremely overpriced due to being placed on special order which is shipped from outside the country. In the US audio sound quality and SPL is pretty advanced. The gear we are used to for example a head unit, we have at least 13 bands of EQ, time alignment, active crossovers, quality 24 bit digital audio convertors.

as for your setup. I would not touch that head unit with a 10 foot pole. Weak EQ, no time alignment, no high pass filter weak pre-out voltage signal, low quality 16 bit DAC. All this just means poor sound quality from the start with no way to improve or tweak it. Not to mention sony is bottom end of the car audio world. Only things that arent trash is their 1500 dollar audiophile head unit and their 200 dollar mex 100bt head unit and their sony GS lines of speakers.

For speakers, you have way too much going on and you are relying on head unit power which will just sound like garbage when you turn it up. Why? because lack of power will cause speakers to distort when you turn the volume up along with not bringing out any potential the speaker has for any good sound quality.

Rather than having 4 + two (tweeters) underpowered drivers, focus on the front, use that 4 channel amp to power the tweeter and the front speaker. with the money you save from not spending on rear speaker and tweeters(which are absolutely useless) you can get either a better head unit or a dedicated subwoofer amp because that 4 channel is not going to come close to tickling that sub not to mention you can only bridge one pair of channels on that 4 channel for sub duty, however your subwoofer is a ported enclosure and you would want a subsonic filter to protect the sub on low frequencies especially when it cant play any lower than 29hz as manufacturer stated.

Why no rear? simple when you go to a concert, you dont turn your back to the performer, you look right at them. A properly done Front stage will be more than loud enough to be heard several football fields away. Not to mention have A LOT better sound quality from having a proper Soundstage. What is that you ask? Its when you can literally see the artist/band on your car's dash through sound. You can tell where the guitar is, where the singer is while the drum is right behind them sweeping across your dash. You arent listening to music anymore, you are really lost in another world. In order to achieve this, you need a quality head unit and a proper install. Any rear speakers will destroy this illusion by pulling the sound back behind you and soundstage is fked.

How to make your setup work better for the same budget...

Get a pair of quality component speakers

A head unit like a kenwood kdc x301

Use your 4 channel amp's channel 1 and 2 to power the front components and use channel 3 and 4 to power the subwoofer.

Sound treat your doors along with finding the best location to mount the tweeter SOUNDWISE not convenience wise.

Time align, crossover and tune the setup properly, you'll be 1000x happier than the mess you were thinking about.

If you really want rears, keep the stock speakers put them on head unit power. But everything else will drown the rears out. Even the passengers will hear the front loud and clear over the rears, if you can hear it football fields away, passengers will hear it just fine.

WHY do you say that????//content.invisioncic.com/y282845/emoticons/confused.gif.e820e0216602db4765798ac39d28caa9.gif
Every other country ruthlessly taxes imports and as far as I know most places simply don't have the market for high end audio to offer the variety we get here in USA.

Jeff offers good suggestions here.

Sorry guys, both my computer and net had gone cuckoo, so I couldn't reply.

Hey Jeffdachef, that's a good post, //content.invisioncic.com/y282845/emoticons/applause.gif.bb805d8088f72dbc2fe808c29e85fb4c.gif.

Hope I didn't trouble you.

I would not touch that head unit with a 10 foot pole. Weak EQ, no time alignment, no high pass filter weak pre-out voltage signal, low quality 16 bit DAC.

Well, I don't know what to say, because, from my observations, and since all head units here in guwahati are of SONY's-

• They have a quite powerful equaliser, as I see
  • I don't need time align, sinc I am neither an audiophile, nor making a surround sound system
  • I don't want any HPF
  • I am gonna amp from my HU output, not from pre-out
  • The DAC never sounded bad to me

For speakers, you have way too much going on and you are relying on head unit power which will just sound like garbage when you turn it up. Why? because lack of power will cause speakers to distort when you turn the volume up along with not bringing out any potential the speaker has for any good sound quality.
Okay, I'm modifying my setup a little-

• Now, I'm gonna use the XM-N1004 for powering all my coaxials and tweeters
  • And as for the subwoofer, I'm gonna power it with an extra GX-A3011SI mono amp of JBL

BTW, here in guwahati, all cars have coaxials and tweeters powered directly from SONY HU, and they sound pretty good at normally loud volumes, so........//content.invisioncic.com/y282845/emoticons/confused.gif.e820e0216602db4765798ac39d28caa9.gif

protect the sub on low frequencies especially when it cant play any lower than 29hz as manufacturer stated
Really??? Where did u find this??

Why no rear? simple when you go to a concert, you dont turn your back to the performer, you look right at them. A properly done Front stage will be more than loud enough to be heard several football fields away. Not to mention have A LOT better sound quality from having a proper Soundstage. What is that you ask? Its when you can literally see the artist/band on your car's dash through sound. You can tell where the guitar is, where the singer is while the drum is right behind them sweeping across your dash. You arent listening to music anymore, you are really lost in another world. In order to achieve this, you need a quality head unit and a proper install. Any rear speakers will destroy this illusion by pulling the sound back behind you and soundstage is fked.
Okay, but I neither want the concert effect, nor the surround sound effect.

What I want is......

• A LOUD sound, and high volumes
  • CHEST-THUMPING lows
  • Okayish mids
  • Satisfying & crisp highs

BTW, what are the mids meant for?????

Get a head unit like a kenwood kdc x301
Well, it's price makes me swoon, and will likely make my parents go mad.

And the 13-band EQ shall make me mad too, for it shall be a case of a GRADE-1 student trying to solve trigonometrical problems.

Time align, crossover and tune the setup properly
Well, I neither need any of them, nor do I understand their importance for my ears.

If you really want rears, keep the stock speakers put them on head unit power
Oh, I missed it.........

I'm gonna keep the stock system and the aftermarket system completely different

And as for my setup, I think I'm gonna modify 2 things............

• Now, I'm gonna use the XM-N1004 for powering all my coaxials and tweeters
  • And as for the subwoofer, I'm gonna power it with an extra GX-A3011SI mono amp of JBL

Are the modifications going to do any good??????

just because you dont know what it is doesnt mean, doesnt mean you can write it off. Its the difference between actually good sounding and having a system you are proud to show off vs having something thats only 5% better or worse than stock speakers and just having some bass.

Again head unit power is nothing compared to actual amplified power along with a proper setup. I'm glad you are amping the speakers and tweeters, it'll make all the difference in getting you louder and cleaner sounding. Just because you think its good enough doesnt mean that you should settle for it. It can be A LOT better, louder and cleaner. Also you wont get that loud without a proper high pass filter protecting the speakers from playing low notes that should be handled by the subwoofer. You'll blow out your speaker without it. You'll turn the volume up and if you play something with a lot of bass, the mid will distort and eventually blow due to reaching mechanical limits.

Theres proper reasons why all of these features are included in a proper sound system that will last long and perform much better. With a proper high pass filter in place, you can drive your door speakers to MUCH MUCH higher volume levels without any issue.

that sub wont get you any chest thump at all unless your bass tolerance is very low then yeah it'll do fine. We are kinda used to having bass crush lungs and the prices to do that over here is pretty cheap to do so.

@Maky bro, can you meet up with this guy and show him what a loud and good sound system is like?

Your box is a pre-fab ported which is always tuned way too high for any proper low notes, Mainly hits 35hz and up. How do we know this? EVERYONE on this forum knows this we live, and breathe car audio every day, we compete in competitions, we help local people, with their setups so yes hands on experience and everyone knows that pre made boxes are tuned way too high with too little air space and port area. With any amount of proper research and subwoofer enclosure building you'll realize that the pre-made designs are trash.

ANMQnO.jpg

As for your setup, have the tweeters on channel 1 and 2, have the coaxials on 3 and 4.

You need to have output control so you can blend the sound together properly. IF you want more crisp highs, then you can adjust properly or if you want clearer vocals, you can adjust the mid.

If you wire the tweeters and coaxials together, you have no control over how loud the mid is or how loud the tweeter is and you'll always have an imbalance.

btw that kenwood head unit is in the dirt cheap category of head units we have over here in the US. Even a broke poor college student in debt can afford it just making an example of why we have different audio standards here in the US. The EQ is extremely easy to figure out along with time alignment. time alignment basically makes all the speakers reach your ear at the same time creating a real life concert. I guess you dont want to experience music the way it should sound while being very loud... Sounds like you rather just want loud annoying noise instead... Thats cool. keep expectations low...

But when you ask a forum if a system is good when its poorly designed we will tell you straight up that its not good and poorly designed, we arent gonna sugar coat anything, just gonna drop truth bombs because we have much higher audio standards and yes higher standards on a cheap budget as well. hence why i said its kinda hard to find good gear over in india. Over here good gear is easily accessible. We have dirt cheap 6.5 mids that are louder than 8 6x9 coaxials on the same power and sound great as well along with good head units and amps that almost any poor broke person can afford.

Here's an example of what a LOUD chest thumping system is. Any distortion in the video is due to the crappy tiny phone mic not handling the bass, all sounds are extremely clear in person.

http://vid1216.photobucket.com/albums/dd371/jeffdachef/Mobile%20Uploads/20150322_125703.mp4

[quote name='Jeffdachef']
@Maky bro, can you meet up with this guy and show him what a loud and good sound system is like?[/QUOTE]
Nope.
If I audition my music system he will neither understand nor appreciate clean bass, I just mentioned low-end bass and nothing else because of his repeated emphasis on the same.

Also, after reading the OP It's clear to me that he's very dependant/limited as he relies on his parents income for his future sound system. I Imagine he's a teenager still and wants what most teenagers want and will indeed be satisfied with what's available cheaply locally. Others I tried to help locally had similar goals, just wanted bass that 'shakes' a bit and they're happy no matter how distorted It sounded, most often being limited by budget to not be able to go even slightly higher.

However, I will try my best to help on the forums. sn03 what is your budget in INR?

actually if he listened to your system, he'll probably never look at music the same way again and get his taste screwed over like the first time i listened to a national class competition vehicle Nothing ever came close... set me off on a warpath to get that crazy SPL and SQ myself.

actually if he listened to your system, he'll probably never look at music the same way again and get his taste screwed over like the first time i listened to a national class competition vehicle Nothing ever came close... set me off on a warpath to get that crazy SPL and SQ myself.
Possibly but after I tried to help the last group of locals of his, presumably, age group I think they're very satisfied with ghetto banger SQ at given price point.

Hey @Maky, my budget is 45,000-50,000. And I'm gonna consider and follow the setup that you suggest as best for you within this budget. Please help. You don't need to consider my needs, or anything that I've written above.

BTW Morel Elate 602 costs 1.5 lakhs in eBay

Sent from my Micromax AQ4501 using Tapatalk

[quote name='sn03']Hey @Maky, my budget is 45,000-50,000. And I'm gonna consider and follow the setup that you suggest as best for you within this

budget. Please help. You don't need to consider my needs, or anything that I've written above.

BTW Morel Elate 602 costs 1.5 lakhs in eBay

Sent from my Micromax AQ4501 using Tapatalk[/QUOTE]
Sure and no I didn't plan on recommending anything to you from my signature.

I have compiled the following setup for you:

HU: MVH-289BT - 6k
Front Speakers: TS-D1730C - 15k
Sub: TS-W3003D4 - 12k
Sub AMP: GM-D9601 - 20k
-----------------------
Total: - 53k MRP

The above is what most teens would end up being very satisfied with in my opinion. It provides no amplification to speakers and the bass completely overpowers. The HU is extremely basic but has a single pre-out for your subwoofer amplifier. Do note that the prices are in MRP and the actual cost should be 10-15% cheaper at your local shops so this fits well within your budget of 45-50k INR.

Now, I have made a second setup for you should you want to upgrade to improved quality and output at higher total cost:

HU: DEH-X6900BT - 12k
Front Speakers: TS-D1730C - 15k
Speakers AMP: GM-D8604 - 15k
Sub: TS-W3003D4 - 12k
Sub AMP: GM-D9601 - 20k
-----------------------
Total - 74k MRP

The above setup adds a significantly better HU than in the setup before with amplification going to your front speakers as well.
I can make an even cheaper setup for you than the first one If money is tight but remember you get what you pay for. I have recommended this all Pioneer setup for you because aside from being better than Sony all the Pioneer parts mentioned come with bill, warranty and Pioneer is well supported in our country should you come across any issues.

If you have any questions do post here.

kenwood 301 hu if u can get it, u do nedd hp xover it keeps speakers from distorting this hu has that.... u wont get chest thumping bass from sub under seat

I can make an even cheaper setup for you than the first one If money is tight but remember you get what you pay for.
Oh, then please suggest one with 40,000-45,000 INR

And yes, why didn't you suggest a prefab sub??? I can't make boxes to mount single woofers!![emoji26]

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.